BrewDog launches Equity for Punks V on Crowdcube

Great post, I’ll drink to that :beer::dog:

3 Likes

Only existing shareholders can buy the shares from other shareholders? Is it good idea to invest in few and buy from others later?

It’s a good idea cost-wise. Buying shares directly from BD entitles you to different perks, so if you are interested in those, get to the necessary amount of shares with BD, and then top-up by buying from other investors.

Also, share transfer is easier if you already have a shareholder number registered with Computershare, and you get it automatically when you buy 1st time from BrewDog.

Thank you.

Do you know what the number is?

Depends what level of discount you want and what additional perks. From their Benefits page:

Buying 2-19 shares will entitle you to 5% discount in our bars, and if you buy over 19 shares you will get 10%!

Online discount is double of that.

If you invest in several tranches, you get Reinvestment benefits, like free exclusive beer, extra discount vouchers, etc.

There are additional perks at higher investment levels, all listed here:
https://www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks/benefits

1 Like

Just to give you a heads up we’ve just written a blog post with a few pointers on valuing companies -

Please do let us know if you have any feedback :smile:

1 Like

You can always rely on Bitcoin for a PR stunt :smile:

4 Likes

BrewDog campaign ended, now on Crowdcube some of the top UK breweries, Siren Craft Brew in private mode, and soon Verdant Brewing Co.
Your thoughts on them, and investing in craft breweries?

When buying BD and other shares of these types, is it an actual paper certificate you get or some sort of online share?

What valuation are they putting on Siren? They make truly excellent beer, but have found that crowdfunding brewers often give themselves wildly inflated valuations.

1 Like

Last year £2.82m revenue, £200K ebitda, pre money valuation 11mil.

Seven Bro7thers are on Crowdcube too at the moment.
https://www.crowdcube.com/companies/seven-bro7hers-1/pitches/bgN1jZ

1 Like

Is that five days left then it’s on the wider CC community? Or five days left and they’ve not reached target?

Latest from the Discussions section :

1 Like

Thanks. I own a couple of pubs and I am not that optimistic about the future of on-trade beer sales (pubs/bars/restaurants etc) without government action on business rates/discounted supermarket retailing of alcohol. Combined with this is the problem of the tied pub companies (Enterprise/Star Pubs etc) which restrict the available market for companies like Siren. Brewdog had massive early mover advantage - the only way to get a serious toe into the wider market now appears to tap into the distribution network of a major brewer (As Beavertown has just done, like many others before). If this is Siren’s exit plan, then an 11m valuation seems high but not horrendous - as mentioned earlier they make really good beer, and I could see them being an attractive acquisition target in a few years. Don’t know a lot about 7 brothers. Not massively impressed by their pitch but the perks for small investments seem great (if you like the beer) - invest £100, get a £100 voucher! Obviously the above is not advice one way or the other, just the thoughts of an embittered publican!

8 Likes

Took a while but Seven Bro7thers are into Over-funding now.

2 Likes

They certainly found a lot of cash from somewhere in the last few weeks.

1 Like

Yes the recent flood of interesting deals prompted me to up my initial stake. With the EIS and the £100 beer reward it’s more of a fun bet than an investment but you never know…

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: BrewDog launches Equity for Punks VI