Buying American Shares

With fractional shares about to be rolled out, do you think a good idea would be for us to be able to see the share price we have paid for american companies to be displayed in dollars as well as pounds?
I think it would be great to be able to see the average share price value in dollars making it easier to relate it to the current share prices.

As we can only see the current price in pounds it does make it harder to see what we have actually paid for a stock compared to its current price today.

Would be an awesome implementation if pulled off properly and could be very helpful to UK investors looking overseas!

Thanks.

The fx rate will be on the contract note.

Is this coming or has it already been released? I cannot see it on my contracts for american stocks I have brought?

Forgive my potential ignorance, but wouldn’t seeing your USA holdings in USD only be useful if you could actually hold USD on the platform?

Otherwise your real loss/gain will only ever be relative to the current GBP value.
Although, no harm in showing both values

Yes and no, just thought it might be a good idea to be able to see the actual value in dollars you have brought the US shares at so its easy to compare.
The actual gains and losses is easier to see in pounds but individually i think itll be better if the stocks can be seen in there own currency.

1 Like

I have an idea for the app. I find it annoying that in the overview page, all my stocks are in GBP even the US ones. Then when I go into say a US stock, the price is in USD but my holdings are still in GBP. I think it would be nice if it was all in one currency. So maybe the user picks which currency they prefer or maybe the US stocks show all details in USD and UK stocks show all their info in GBP. Or the stock price for a US stock could still be in USD but in brackets beside it could the the price in GBP. For example: TSLA = $661.75 (£480.74).

I hope this makes sense.
What does everybody else think?
:smiley:

In the nicest possible way, please search before posting, as lots of people usually have the same idea at some point. The one below is just one example.

1 Like

There are already several similar suggestions on the forum :+1:

It is annoying and especially hard for spread sheets when trying to track your progress :joy: I get really frustrated as I would love to know the current price in £ on my US shares to add to my weekly tracking charts but it is in $. Would be OK if also in $ on the front screen but to have a mix is the worst. I am sure they will get around to something soon.