Cineworld - CINE - Share Chat

Isn’t the elephant in the room with cineworld the debt pile

3 Likes

Exactly @Roger exactly!

I’m on the record as not exactly a fan of the debt that £CINE have built up. Just going to repost these for anyone who didn’t seem them at the time.

https://community.freetrade.io/t/cineworld-cine/2981/302?u=neilb

3 Likes

Showing a few blockbusters ain’t gunna save them!

2 Likes

Would love that see Jurassic World. The Thesaurus is terrifying in it.

Thats some debt mountain :mountain:

2 Likes

Mountains are hard to climb! According to yahoo it’s $8.89bn - I hope they have climbing poles

2 Likes

That’s more like the real figure :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Cineworld has been an interesting ride or rather slide in recent days. Huge debt, unpaid bills and an ongoing court case.

Now the doors are open, how will Covid impact customer numbers returning to the big screen?

Lets see what happens. We have a run of good movies and talk about a US listing which could go someway in raising funds to help reduce debt.

Disney also appears to be going back to cinema release again which should help.

I am holding onto my shares and will see what happens in the run up to Christmas. I think there is a good chance we will see some recovery again. £1 is unlikely, but 75-80p is possible

6 Likes

There’s still massive talk of shorting, as if people want cineworld to fail. This company is needed in the UK for entertainment that it’s almost criminal big investment groups are pushing it low.

1 Like

How can we check if people are getting back to cinemas?

There are some good stats on cinema attendance and box office numbers here @Raul

5 Likes

Be very interesting to see what the figures were like in October once they are released.

1 Like

It looks like audiences have been driven by Bond.

Cineworld have more screens in the US under Regal Cinemas brand than they have in the UK. If anyone wants to take up tracking / posting for the community the US data is actually more important.

3 Likes

There’s www.boxofficemojo.com also to check for figures of cinema attendance on top of @NeilB’s post

4 Likes

Looks like October was a good month can it continue to improve that’s the question :thinking:

3 Likes

I guess it depends on future releases?

I’m glad Dune did well despite it being a ‘Hybrid’ (dual cinema/streaming) release. It kind of backfired as it got pirated straight away.

Hopefully Dune part 2 will be shown in cinemas first…but that’s not until 2023.

1 Like

Anybody knows what’s happening with this deep?
Would like to now the reason.
Many thanks!

Fear of the new strain of Covid-19 that has caused some countries to be red listed has spooked the markets.

Cineworld would be in the firing line if people can’t go the screening in the winter, their most profitable time.

It’s also worth remembering that since the purchase of Regal, Cineworld now have more screen in the US than the UK.

4 Likes

A judge has ruled against Cineworld when pulled the plug on the take over of Cineplex. £725m In not what they need right now and Cineworld is planning an appeal.

The stock opened -28%

Any holders or buyers out there looking at this one today? :popcorn: :movie_camera:

1 Like

Wowww

1 Like