Cineworld - CINE - Share Chat

But I thought 007 would save cineworld :joy:

3 Likes

And I thought Iā€™d be in the green by next week when the Matrix comes out! :flushed:
Not looking so likely nowā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ll buy at these prices

Nail in coffin if they donā€™t win the appeal :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

How you all doing today?, Christmas has came a little early.

Iā€™ve dipped my toe in this one, and bought a few shares today hoping it will bounce back soon

Thatā€™s what I did when they were at 65p. Ridiculously cheap, or so I thought. Just as well it was a tiny total amount. Now written off to zombie status. If they come good in the end, so be it. You win some, you lose some.

2 Likes

You could be right - I bought at 30p and itā€™s still sliding! Wonā€™t be the first time I thought I was buying the dip only to discover there was much further to go - Aston Marin springs to mind :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Just bought 1250 shares .28p

1 Like

Iā€™m in for. Ā£5 gamble ha

1 Like

My main thought is how low will Disney, Netflix or Amazon let this drop before they offer a life raft to take Regal Cinemas off their hands.

Netflix & Disney really need more vertical control.of their content. Unless they plan to make TVā€™s theyā€™re stuck with someone else controlling and charging a toll.

Amazon could offer $750m and it would be 0.0004 dilution. Close the unprofitable locations and turn them into a whole foods / Amazon warehouse.

Do Netflix/Disney/Amazon jump now or do they wait for the liquidators?

5 Likes

Well I decided to cash out ā€¦ at a loss. This was one of my earlier investments - hoping for a post Covid recovery. But there has been way too much negative news for my liking

I have put the remaining money into something that I believe will recoup my loss way before Cineworld makes a recoveryā€¦ an L&G Fund.

Good luck everyone :+1: hope it heads back north soon.

5 Likes

Probably a good decision!

2 Likes

Times have changed our consumption of media has changed and now we see same day releases on platforms like HBO Max on the same day as cinema highlights this. Cinema will always have a place but just in a much smaller way.

Cineworld looks like it will be a casualty of this, itā€™s full of debt and with smaller footfall in Cinemas it wonā€™t last long.

4 Likes

Well this is currently my biggest percentage gain so far. I should of spent more than Ā£5 ha. Not expecting big things with this one

1 Like

Problem is @NeilB ā€¦ I believe Cineworld rent a lot of buildings ā€¦ not own ā€¦ that was another negative strike for meā€¦ when they had a court battle over not paying rent.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can comment on what they actually own property wise?

More chance of Boris admitting to partying! They are riddled with debt youā€™d probably have to have a mega movie like 007 or avatar 2 every week to break even!

Iā€™m classing as a lost walking away Iā€™ll wait on the shares to go -99.9% currently itā€™s 69%

So I wonā€™t be putting any more in tbh :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

To be fair to Cineworldā€¦ they probably do have a leg to stand onā€¦ Not that I know details ā€¦ But it makes sense to pull out of a multi million pound deal during a global pandemicā€¦

I guess the issues lay with how far into the deal they had committed themselvesā€¦ At the very least they will have to pay law costsā€¦

1 Like

The rental might help if Cineworld goes to Ā£0 - a new buyer might only save the owned / marquee cinemas.

If we get more restrictions I canā€™t see the government dolling out assistance in the same way. in my opinion the business clean balance sheet and some fresh ideas. Flogging a ticket to watch a film on a big screen is not enough of a differentiator.

3 Likes

I got out a few months ago at a loss of about Ā£120 and at one point I had well over 1000 shares. Glad I was finally convinced this wasnā€™t getting anywhere or it could have been much worse as my average purchase price was over Ā£1 per shareā€¦ :grimacing:

5 Likes