Cineworld - CINE - Share Chat

Seems to be a meme stock over on Reddit at the moment. From what little I’ve seen it doesn’t seem to be in a good place?

At the moment I wouldn’t be surprised if every risky business is in hot discussion…

As far as I can see the only reason Cineworld has become a low effort meme stock is because of $AMC and that people can see it was worth more before COVID-19.

There also seemed to be a lot of nee investor who think they can more a share price with a few posts and some :rocket: emoji.

2 Likes

As much as i love me a good Netflix series on my sofa, i can’t wait to get back to the cinema and i imagine I’m not the only one. There are certain movies that i just don’t see myself watching on the tv first. So yeah, o hope and think that the cinemas will go up again :fist_right::fist_left:

2 Likes

Cineworld is up about 10% since Boris’ announcement yesterday. I had a small investment with them and added a good portion more this morning. Looking at the yearly change they still have room to rebound once cinemas open if some big releases come. A lot of big films have been delayed so there is scope for a big summer.

2 Likes

Holding a small amount in this (30 shares) and it’s the only thing in my portfolio in the green today.

4 Likes

Looking good over the past few days. My investments in Cineworld & National Express both looking healthy with the roadmap out of lockdown announcement

4 Likes

Cineworld is doing great. Up 6% today alone. I don’t know what’s happening to National Express though, it has lost all the gains I made from Monday’s announcement. Should have gone all in on Cineworld!

1 Like

National Express been slowly climbing for the past 6 months. Still a way to go before it recovers to pre-Covid norms, same as Cineworld. Worth a punt for the longhaul

1 Like

Your profile pic is making my eyes go funny :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

1 Like

3D glasses required :sunglasses:

1 Like

prices for the cineworld stocks gone up around 6p + in the last day so looking good , my average price per share is £1.01 and now that they are up at £1.0450 profit is continuing to rise, hoping for these prices continue increasing in price…

I’ll admit I’m in at 80 pence but have a sell trigger soon as it reaches £1.60.

The long term outlook for cinema’s isn’t great IMO. Although I can see a future where Amazon / Netflix and the like have a few theatres, the current players will be out the picture…

I want more of these but do I want to go in at 105p when I got my first lot at 91p. It’s hard to work out how valuable this stock should actually be right now.

I expect cinemas to recover well but reopening them is just one part of the puzzle. They need big films to show and people to have the confidence to sit in a room full of strangers.

i think these shares will go up to about 130…

Up 7% today and I finally have the cash to buy more. Surely a dip is coming though. Stocks don’t just keep on going up.

Unsure where this is going have approx 150 share at 0.80p.

I’m potentially fairly long on this. I feel like all the negative sentiment is around the default “streaming has killed cinemas” argument, when a cursory look at the data shows that cinemagoing levels are still pretty healthy.

They might not be around in 10+ years, at least not in their current form, but for the next few years I don’t think the culture will shift away from cinemas as much as people think it will.

The only thing I’m undecided on is whether to sell at the inevitable spike when cinemas announce their reopening, or wait until the first big blockbusters are released. Not sure which will be the biggest pop :thinking:

1 Like

I mean it did drop twice to 0.20p over the last year and has spent a long time under £1, so it’s hardly parabolic. I would say any pullbacks will be looking to closes the gaps in the chart. There’s one created this morning and one at 0.90 we might see filled when earnings come out next week, as it’s not going to be pretty and might cause a intial selloff from weak hands

4 Likes

That’s a good point. I could totally see a dip when the earnings report is released. Might be the time to buy more. Or it could rise another 20% by then for all we know before falling back to still higher than today. Can’t really time the market can we.

1 Like