Cineworld - CINE - Share Chat

I’m holding mine until September and maybe add more if price drops a bit. Think there will be an appetite for cinema late this year with lockdown nostalgia kicking in. Also release schedule is busy then and earnings will be up. Personally think cinema business will amalgamate and we will be left with one big cinema per city rather than lots occupying a packed market.

4 Likes

anyone have an idea at what price they will be by the end of the year or at least an idea?:sweat_smile:

Finger in the air at this point. They are carrying. Lot of debt but the new executive bonus structure should focus minds on increasing share price. Just be mindful that if shares reach a certain price new shares will be created which will likely dilute the share price more. I don’t think anyone will get rich from cinema share unless you bought them when they were 30p best case scenario will be 380 a share but I doubt it will be this year more likely be 2022/2023

3 Likes

Should be more upside even at the current price though over the next few years

Good run of films for the next year
Take this upside to improve the quality of the balance sheet
Close out cinemark case
Deliver regal cineworld efficiencies
Close poor performing venues
Reintroduce capex some delayed due to covid
Most importantly Sell lots of popcorn :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Resume dividends

4 Likes

Only started trading on 19th Jan probably seen this a month later at 77/85p ended up buying other week at £1.08p :see_no_evil: did shoot up but now 3.5% down! Don’t believe in selling at a loss, results was bad like expected! But reckon there is room for more buying? Obviously when dip happens? Can we expect one? Currently have 347 shares :expressionless:

Deffo a long term one mate wait until life returns the wall to wall blockbusters will give them a kick

2 Likes

Cineworld is a wild ride. It can go up or down 10% in a day. I remember it went to 115p before retreating near 100p and then shot up to 125p before the falls this week. It will go up again quickly at some point and probably fall again. If only I could predict this pattern and sell the highs to buy back cheaper.

2 Likes

There’s no need to panic over some daily swings. If you think this is bad, look at Amigo Holdings!

I was lucky enough to get in at 24.96p in October. I didn’t buy many, as I wanted to spread about £1,000 over dips bought last year. I don’t expect a full recovery until all UK lockdown restrictions end. It could be that maximum value won’t be until some good earnings a few months after that. That’ll be the case for most of my holdings here.

I’d suggest just setting a limit order - if you have Plus - for an amount that seems reasonable to you and relaxing/not checking every 5 minutes.

4 Likes

Don’t have plus ATM but maybe long term I should as portfolio is growing few American stocks and rest UK not in the worse -+ what was the deal with amigo holdings? :thinking: Is it on here? Rings a bell actually was it many moons ago…cinemas will be booming again just like the beer gardens when restrictions end stay away I definitely agree :+1:t2:

Amigo are indeed available on Freetrade. I first invested in them in September last year. There have been days when they’ve fluctuated 20% or more in a single trading session. It still happens, but they’re much more stable these days. I’m currently in profit with them, but I expect to go a lot higher as the economy rebounds, they lend again and people need credit.

It’s obviously not advice and I could be way off, but I’m fairly confident that CINE can reach £1.75 to £2 a share within 2 to 3 months of all restrictions being lifted. The SP tends to overreact to both good and bad news, which should be quite beneficial as the restrictions end.

1 Like

Ah amigo holdings ( loans little blue men’s) lol remember them! Suppose nobody needs money when gov throwing it at you? Looking at CINE few years back went to £5-£6 a share, everybody loves a cinema night so can see a demand for people just to get out when can! But needs some good movies to catch it up, be nice by sept if up to £1.50 so I agree with you and that’s not my advice either lol what’s SP sorry don’t know that abbreviation :see_no_evil:

SP is share price.

They haven’t been lending during the lockdown, except to essential workers. They’ve also been offering interest free repayment holidays and such. It’s not a nice/ethical business, but “alternative finance” companies are often very profitable. I was looking for a fairly varied portfolio of dips/companies impacted by Covid in September/October when I first had the money to invest. Though my :freetrade: portfolio is doing pretty well, I feel Amigo and Nonstandard Finance have the biggest potential.

Ah ok yes :smiley: have you read their community page about being investigated still by FCA? Regarding complaints not followed up! And maybe administration just seen the dividend % and a nice low p/e quite tempting depending on further news regarding FCA findings! Maybe worth a punt :thinking:

I’m well aware of their issues, lol. But I got in at an average of 10 pence a share, so I think it’s worth the risk.

1 Like

Lol well keep us informed on your success :smiley: consider they was £2 a share 10p ain’t gonna hurt at all, can I ask how much was invested feel free to maybe private message or just tell me to bog off :+1:t2::+1:t2::rofl:

It’s fine. I have 2,000 shares. It’s not much, but I wanted a fairly balanced portfolio.

1 Like

Better to be balanced than all in one u suppose I’m getting there few red lines but some good green also so about even! But it’s not a sprint lol what’s your take on SPAC shares :+1:t2::-1:t2:

Nothing personal, but this is getting a little off topic. I don’t think it’s fair to have so many messages that aren’t related to CINE in this thread. Take care.

2 Likes

Yes true! Sorry and to others too! :+1:t2:

I wasn’t expecting this further plummet today. We all knew the results would be bad.

2 Likes