Collections in Discover (& register to test them) šŸ§ŗ

After the collections there needs to be a heading that says ā€˜Allā€™ or something

I thought the same but now my app shows ā€˜allā€™, try closing and reopening.

Overall it looks good and runs smoothly! Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Not on mine it doesnā€™t.

1 Like

Donā€™t have the feature myself, but it might be useful to see a small question mark by each explaining what they are.

1 Like

QQ. In what order are stocks listed in the collections?

Theyā€™re listed in alphabetical order at the moment.

1 Like

Is it planned to make then in holdings order? As I think that would be clearer

Thanks for the suggestion :pray: Weā€™re going to list them in random order soon, to help people ā€˜discoverā€™ more of the stocks. We like the fact that weā€™re showing you the top stocks but not saying ā€œthis stock is no. 1ā€ because weā€™re not suggesting that these are the best stocks to buy. But weā€™re open to reconsidering this in the future.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s strange as in popular stocks Advanced micro dev ($AMD) is first and Apple ($AAPL) is lastā€¦

Alphabetical on mine

Oooohā€¦ itā€™s different on Android (or perhaps more A/B testing)ā€¦ This is why I made the comment about having the full stock/ETF names (and possibly why some people thought I was nuts).

3 Likes

aha! iā€™m on android tooā€¦

I think I prefer the iOS view with full namesā€¦ and its evident that it scrolls horizontally due to icons to the right being semi visibleā€¦

1 Like

Ooh, yeah Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not on android. Donā€™t like at all

Weā€™re going to do this with the next app update :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Really like the idea, looks great!

Would it be possible to allow the users to select their preferred collections? Something like that would be great in the future when more collections should be available

Eg, letā€™s say that the interface would allow for 3-5 collections but the the user would be able to choose the ones he is interested in through a drop down menu

And of course the obvious one, would be nice to include the most bought and most sold stocks as per weekly updates as one of the collections!

1 Like

Although I like the idea of collections, I am not a big fan of the current implementation. I strongly believe there should be a more advanced search system on discover where people can select a few options such as theme, currency, type (ETF / Stock) and in the future more interesting metrics such as market cap, P/E, dividend yield etc. Even though we are not doing our full research on Freetrade, that would help us narrow down some companies which we will be sure are available on the platform.

2 Likes

:eyes:

4 Likes

Newly added stocks now appear as cards on android which I think is visual improvement. Would love to see all collections use the sameā€¦

4 Likes

Liking the new discover section and cards for newly added stocks on android. Have noticed order changing for popular stocks, ETFs etc. Donā€™t think the list has changed. Is this based popularity each day/week/month or some other order?

1 Like

Random order as per Alexā€™s previous postā€¦

1 Like