Community Meetup - 8 PM Wed 12th May 2021, live on Zoom

Thanks for popping on Adam. Will LISAs appear in the current tax year or should I stick with topping up my :heart_eyes: AJ Bell :heart_eyes: LISA for now?

Edit - Oops I meant :poop: :poop: not :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Could you give us an expected month (or two) for first European launch?

3 Likes

Would you kindly be able to send a copy to me? I’m not asking for trade secrets
just a document that I should be able to see. Thanks!

2 Likes

How is the hiring going? What is expected team size by end of year ?

1 Like

We aren’t working actively on it right now, but plan to add all the ISA account types as soon as we can, including whatever Rishi invents next. I would not promise a LISA before the end of the year though. A more important priority right now is getting an ISK up for launch in Sweden, for example.

10 Likes

We’re aiming to get it out earlier, but there is a good argument to launch in the EU along with our next crowdfunding in September. You’ll see EU stocks for UK customers first, not that far away.

21 Likes

That’s great to hear crypto is targeted for 2021 :raised_hands:

How do you think Freetrade compares to other zero-commission EU brokers?

2 Likes

Thanks Adam I did wonder if that was the target. Good luck! :+1:

1 Like

I haven’t burned a CD since the 90s

7 Likes

Thank you so much for addressing this! You’ve no idea how much I appreciate it. Thank you to you and the team for helping me get my first steps on the capitalism ladder.

I had nothing before you guys launched. I’ll look forward to the ISA variants in another tax year rather than this one. Keep being awesome guys.

5 Likes

It’s going nuts. We have c 80 open roles on our careers page and are hiring in four countries. Rocket ship style. :rocket:

I wish we had 1,000 engineers right now.

19 Likes

Thanks @adam for being here answering things! Considering this:

After Sweden, full launching of the 4 countries of the so called “first wave” (Netherlands, Deutchland, France, Ireland), will be in 2022 or it is possible to be also in 2021?

Thanks again!

1 Like

Can you give a simple explanation to ease the GME owners that are panicking about the 25k issue? It’s a subject that gets far too much negativity and even a simple “the limit will stay for at least X months” or something will at least then put it on the backburner :+1:

1 Like

When will you stop publishing misleading company data and using third parties as an excuse?

My expectation is that we are in every eurozone and nordic country before end of year. Fun one, we’ll even be in Norway!

25 Likes

I’m sure the CEO of a fintech could email a PDF? :wink:

2 Likes

Are there plans to allow customers to migrate their holdings to a different country? (assuming FT is there).

1 Like

Garbage in garbage out

I look forward to the day where we have scaled to the point that our internal trade data is more reliable than the 3rd party providers.

Until then, we try and be completely transparent about the source and timing of data we display in the app. We’re working hard right now on making that even better, in your app very soon.

14 Likes

When can we have a community BBQ

14 Likes

The location of your stock doesn’t change based on where you are. eg your UK stocks will always be in CREST, the UK central securities depository. We will accommodate your change of address though, as long as it is a country we can support from a compliance point of view, and the green list will grow as we expand.

9 Likes