ContourGlobal 💨🌊 GLO - Stock Discussion

On the day the transaction closes you’ll see a sale in your activity feed and the cash sent to your balance. As a minority owner you don’t really get much of a say in a take over bid.

2 Likes

With an offer on the table that has been accepted by the board you’ll not see much movement. The difference between the current price and the offer price reflects the sentiment in the market that the deal will close.

Activision hasn’t been beaten around like many tech companies because Microsoft have stated what they plan to pay, the only reason it’s not trading today for the offer price is sentiment around the deal being blocked by regulators.

1 Like

Yep - you’ll be paid for the shares and won’t own them anymore.

Slightly annoyed with myself as I bought them on an order placed during closed hours that completed on the day the offer was announced - so bought mine at close to the offer price, losing out on the gain from the day before. :man_facepalming:t2: Timing is everything.

2 Likes

I liked this one to as a long term hold too.

2 Likes

Wish it would just complete already. :joy:

When will this takeover happen and does it mean will are guaranteed the price for each share as specified in the letter (posted above) ?

Yes it does and I searched online and all I could see was Q4 as the estimate of when it would go through. I decided to sell yesterday as I’m not going to make much more by holding now and I wanted to move the money elsewhere.

2 Likes

Wise move,in the event it doesn’t go through it will plummet to probably under £2 mark again,

Not saying it won’t go through though

I sold for £2.58 my AVG was £1.92 so was a no brainer for me £290 profit think it’ll been about another £35 more if wait till sale price :+1:t2:

1 Like

Same, sacked it off and reinvesting elsewhere.

2 Likes

Anyone got a similar replacement for this once its sold ?

Nothing is jumping out for me at the mo.

DEC?

1 Like

I went for Ishares global clean energy, not as good a dividend but I’m up 16% with it so far.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer. I think its to much like shell. I do like the methane release aim for 5/10 %. I be keeping an eye on it now tho. :+1:

Thanks, as this one is quite high. But, i may have to dip in this to help keep my portfolio diverse.

1 Like

What’s the ticker on that please @Emmie :thinking:

It’s INRG :grinning:

2 Likes

Weird, I got a notification about this proposed contour takeover, but the offer is less than they are worth, plus I have no intention of selling. Its worth noting that as a shareholder you own a pirtion of the entity, and you cant be forced to sell unless you have signed an agreement as such.

That’s not entirely correct. You can be forced to sell through a squeeze-out as long as >90% of shares are agreed to be sold.

Not in the UK, where I am and where they are registered, unless you have previously agreed when buying. Also, the price they are offering is less than I paid! No way Im selling; its a good long-term hold.

It does exist in the UK and you don’t need to sign anything previously - it’s a law. Where do you get your information from, hopefully not just wishful thinking?
Not saying this will go through if it’s as bad an offer as you say. But it won’t be your call if they do get enough % of the shares.