Darktrace - DARK - Share Chat

I think the lowest it will go is back to IPO price

What would be the catalysts for an move back up though?

@hazed Stomping results (probably two sets of these) which show that it is pulling out the stops. What I mean by this is results above and beyond expectations set out in the IPO prospectus.

There are some other possibilities including change of senior management and a take over bid. The company is now below by quite a margin what one analyst valued it at. For this company to be seen as worthy of a takeover the acquirer’s metrics will centre around customer base and order book and perhaps people but almost certainly not the technology.

Sentiment works in both directions - it can drive you far above where you should be and it can drive you down far below where you might think you can go.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I wonder what has caused the movement today

Good results? Only skimmed it but looked promising

I note that Peel Hunt have issued, following today’s results, a Hold recommendation - this is up from their Sell recommendation in October. It is hovering around the valuation that they made (473).

You said it would need two excellent trading updates to bring it back looks like todays is the 1st hopefully it will continue its upward travel.

I am not sure today’s counts as excellent - it only suggests that the Peel Hunt valuation was reasonable (473).

Today’s announcement says it is expecting a YoY revenue growth of between 42 per cent and 44 per cent and IMO this is baked into the price so we won’t see a substantial closing price above 473 ( it is trading c. 10% below this now) at least today. EBIDTA has also been revised upwards.

So good trading update. But the markets will expect more as it is now back in reasonable territory.

1 Like

No RNS? Surely this is a market sensitive piece of info???

Yeah its odd I carnt find any other information about it although Darktrace have retweeted the article this morning.

In terms of structure it’s odd. You’d normally expect a quote from the airline as well as it will be based off a press release.

This is the release and it has no quote:

I guess it was either a rush job and they couldn’t get approval in time or the quote was declined. Hard to say which it is but pushing out good news at the moment was probably a priority with Shadowfall betting against them and generating stink.

That’s what I thought too, reading the article. It doesn’t even name the airline. It’s a good piece of news, but it just seemed very odd that there was not quote or naming of the airline - as you say, seems rushed.

Maybe leaked out that’s why there no official news of who it’s with or how long the contract or nothing. Should find out further information soon all goods news is welcome.

Edit here the link from darktrace website no announcements on who the airline is yet. It wasn’t there when I looked to check the article from CityAM

1 Like

Is this even that much of a big deal? It’s a major renewal

1 Like

Note: the link I included in my post is a press release, and that’s the whole thing. As an ex-tech journo working in comms now for enterprise tech, I can tell you it is odd.

1 Like

Just seems to be a rehash of old news.

I’m waiting till it drops even lower after IPO price like when it was £3.15 end of the first week on May 5 before going on a buying spree. Looking at below £3.

“On a constant basis, annual recurring revenues (ARR) rose 45% whilst overall revenue grew by 50%, it said.”

The SP has to respond soon, surely. Compared to its American rivals it seems undervalued.

Why is it that the LSE lacks so far behind the NYSE/NASDAQ :man_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes