Deposit delay + uncertainty

It is completely different as Monzo’s pots aren’t instant access (unless you are using the non interest bearing accounts). For any financial institution to send money to any other in the UK takes a maximum of 4 hours (though 95% of transactions are processed in less than 5 minutes). The point is funds sent will arrive with FT nearly instantly. They could see this and credit accounts instantly whilst moving money in batches later.

1 Like

Good Afternoon,

I am experiencing the issue of delayed deposit into my account also - despite the App sending me a notification that the top up is available to start buying shares with.

It has been approx 2 hours since that notification and the available amount has not changed within the app - But it HAS changed the ISA 20K allowance remaining figure.

Any ideas why this might be?

There’s a lot of deposits happening atm due to the xmas refunds. I’m assuming it has something to do with that!?

It may be, but I have no idea. Not the best introduction to Freetrade but I’m not unduly overreacting. As long as these issues are resolved soon iaw with the roadmap and the overall service compares well with other impending providers (e.g. Robinhood) then I’ll keep using it.

It certainly would be good to have near enough instant access to my topped up funds as soon as I do it though.

That should launch with invest, was part of the Christmas list.

Why are there still no instant bank deposits it’s really quite irritating having to wait like an hour or so for a deposit to come through. Feel like this should be at the very top of the priority list.

1 Like

Hey. This is indeed on top of the priority list.

Used to be over a day for me. :rofl: Now its within 30 mins. I think its fantastic progress. Instant will come!

3 Likes