DiDi Global - DIDIY - Share chat

Chinese ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing has filed to go public:

• 2020 revenue of $21.6bn :moneybag:
• Uber owns 12.8% of shares :handshake:
• Didi could be valued at $100bn :bank:

Update: this stock will IPO on Thursday 1st July 2021:

Capital at risk

5 Likes

Bad news for shareholders if the article is accurate.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine Uber being pulled from the App Store but they might just behave better if it was a real threat. It’ll be a rocky start for anyone holding DIDI at market open.

1 Like

China is opaque. I hold the Chinese megatechs like Alibaba and Tencent, but I’m not adding any more to Chinese positions because I have no idea what the political/regulatory whims of the communist party are. I was never interested in Didi anyway, because I’m not convinced the Uber/Lyft model delivers profits.

I don’t know why they would crack down on Didi, a Chinese company with a mainly Chinese user base. If they are gathering too much personal data, surely it’s all be held and available to party eyes in China.

2 Likes

@Squirrelnutkin here is the original thread for DiDi which has now been updated on the app.

1 Like

$DIDI 2020 revenue: $21.6B, Current MC $60B
$UBER 2020 revenue: $11.1B Current MC $90B

$DIDI Q1 2021: $6.4B (18.5% growth over avg of 2020) with a profit.
$UBER Q1 2021: $2.9B (4.5% growth over avg of 2020) with a loss.

These numbers make this stock good value

Train crash. Not sure whether to buy more

What did you do with this position in the end @Squirrelnutkin ?

Some of these Chinese stocks are getting so cheap they’re looking too good to be true.

I’ve held. If the delisting goes ahead perhaps they will pay back the original IPO price $14 which should see everyone back in profit. Fingers crossed!

1 Like
1 Like

Now that would be nice!

New to this - what will happen to my didi shares when delisted from NY? If I don’t sell, will they be worthless. Grateful for advise

1 Like

Hi @Mattjk welcome welcome welcome :ocean:

I’m not 100% so instead of guessing I’ll bump this up to the top so it doesn’t get lost and also see if @Squirrelnutkin or other of the other wants to take a shot for you.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Can we please have Didi - it’s the Chinese Uber

Hi @Safp99

Please use the search function before completing a stock request. You’ll find it here

Also when you next request a stock don’t forget to vote on your own request.