Do you / will you use ISAs?

It just seems much cleaner and straightforward to have fees taken by direct debit in a transparent way thatā€™s entirely separate from investment moneys.

Thatā€™s my 2p, anyway.

3 Likes

Random thought, how do dividends work in the ISA? If you invest Ā£20,000 on the 5th April and throughout the year you get Ā£500 dividends, does that push you over the limit?

3 Likes

You donā€™t need to worry, distributions received from stocks already held within the ISA wrapper do not count as additional subscriptions.

8 Likes

And I can only speak from experience with my own providers! :smile:

So with my providers, the ISA fee is taken from cash sitting in my ISA account.

Note that this cash could also be made up of dividend income I have received (and not withdrawn or reinvested) so the fees might not come out of my actual capital investment.

If your investments generate at least Ā£36 in income, this would cover all the fees.

How many ISA account users do we think Freetrade should have by say 2020 ?
250,000 ?

1 Like

If they can recruit so as not to diminish the fantastic customer care then I donā€™t see why not :grin:

1 Like

When is a GA more efficient than an ISA

Should someone who is 20 and looking to invest long term only be looking at an ISA?

Happy to start a new topic if that is more appropriate

Hey, there are a few topics floating around that answer some of those questions. Do a search for ā€œbasic account ISAā€ or ā€œGIA ISAā€ and youā€™ll find them.
One example is here: