Embarrassing dividend payments

Me (in the office, as my phone pings): oh yeah, divs are in!

Co-workers: I thought that portfolio you keep banging in about was dying on its ……

Me: in times of economic uncertainty and low interest rates, dividends are essential.

Co-workers: whatever, but ok how much did you get?

Me (checking phone, hoping it was a mistake): 7p.

I’ve just resigned.

19 Likes

10 Likes

did the make 7p in dividends? 7p is more than 0p :smiley:

5 Likes

Yh you can buy seven 1 Pence Sweet!!!

1 Like

I just read that imagining Basil Fawlty at the main character and Manuel as the unimpressed colleague.

3 Likes

Due to inflation 1p sweets are now 2p. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

Probably be 3p by the end of the year at this rate

2 Likes

At least with 7p you aren’t missing out too much on the drip scheme

1 Like

In January 2020 I received £0.14, in January 2021 it was £3.63, in January 2022 it was £27.06.

Keep chipping away and be focused on the long-term. Small consistent investments will produce long term results.

19 Likes

Exactly, after a few years it will be significant amount of income, it varies a lot month to month but my best ever month was last september, over £800 in dividends. Will probably be more next year as they all got reinvested in the same companies. That is the value of compounding over several years

There’s a lot of people on here younger than I was when I started. get started early in this long term mind set and by the time you are thinking about early retirement you can be making enough in dividends to pay the bills. I already make more from insurance company dividends than I pay out in insurance premiums each year

17 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.