[ENTIRE US MARKET OPEN 🇺🇸✅] 1st February 2021: Expect disruptions to US buy/sell orders today - what we’re doing to keep everything running

Great question that we’re not going comment further on. Right now our customers are our priority.

No. This was about as likely to happen as a plane crash (sorry for the gruesome analogy).

We were extremely surprised and caught off guard on Friday late morning when they told us.

To be clear, treating customers fairly is of extreme importance for us. When we have to and are able to prioritise orders, sell orders will always get a priority.

34 Likes

Are there any rough estimates you can give as to when GME/AMC will be enabled for buying should your new implementation go to plan? I know… I’m asking a lot!

Good work guys. Good to hear you have more inflow of money and customers. Hope the most people will not get burned and will continue investing when this frenzy is over.

While events since Friday have been undesirable for both users and the team at FT, we have witnessed an absolute masterclass in communication and developing customer affinity. Well done again and good luck for today, everyone.

13 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, I’ll definitely be sticking with FT when this is all over

11 Likes

What was so great about it? The information that ‘you won’t be able to trade’. Seriously?
Isn’t that a given that they should communicate to their customers. What planet are you on?

3 Likes

Thanks Viktor, but this is not about treating customers fairly and nothing to suggest otherwise from what we have been told. My concern is with your partners, with whom we are forced to rely on as a consequence of your contractual agreements.

Most of my portfolio is invested in US listed companies. I am mindful about my ability to enter and exit positions as I need, so I invest in liquid markets. I am comfortable when a companies shares are halted, or a market is halted. I am not comfortable about being limited to access the market for the reasons given, particularly when the rest of the market is able to trade (exceptions for certain names noted). I don’t want to be here again.

7 Likes

No worries, a reasonable question, we’d love to answer it precisely, but we cannot.

The US market will open in an hour. Please bear with us while our technical solution is rolling out. Based on its progress and related indicators, we might be able to tell you more as the day progresses. Do expect they are going to be the last stocks we enable though.

6 Likes

Neither do we. That’s why our team worked through the weekend, so we they can enable stocks for you again and you can do just as you describe.

14 Likes

Do you really think they’d discuss business details like this on a forum, or slam their partners on twitter. You can be sure they’re reassessing but it’s not instant.

1 Like

Thanks Viktor and the rest of the team for your best attempts at keeping things together when all around are being dam silly imho.
I think things will get worse before they get better. All the commentators are saying to expect this level of volatility for the rest of them year.
Separately I was reading an analyst about options and leverage etc though in a different context. I don’t know if it applies but monthly coveted call options end on the 3rd Friday of the month, which is Feb 19.
This gives plenty of time for this to be resolved so both sides earn.
Should that be the outcome then it will happen on different stocks each month, they will go up and they will go down, some will only go down cos the poor dog will only take so many kicks before it turns ugly.
One of these months it will go mental, make last week look like Pimms and cucumber sandwiches on the veranda.
Probably not quite as bad as last March but allow for the random shit that has been on nobody’s event horizon as well because nobody’s talking.
Be prepared is what I’m saying I think.
To each of us investors but most importantly to Viktor and the rest of the team.
You need to get more robust partners and systems in place as a priority.
This crisis won’t be sorted in a couple of days and things calm down to sort out those things.
Biden won’t stop it. His donors will be earning from it.
After the cosy year we just had, 21 is gonna be cpocalypse year.
Please FT don’t wait until you’ve sorted this crisis to start working on the long term strategy.
Put a small team 3 peeps on it now, to start looking where, who, what, how and why. Look what other parts of your system can turn against you, against US!
Put the fixes in place before the :poop::poop::poop: hits.
Sorry teaching granny to suck eggs but at least I got it out of my head and can get on with my own crap now.
Stay Safe Stay Sane Stay Strong :muscle:

2 Likes

You should be able to trade UK stocks now? US market opens at 2.30, they’ll push details but it sounds like GME and AMC might be busy or delayed, hopefully all others will work fine.

1 Like

Freetrade is better than Trading 212 purely because of this - Excellent communication. Keep it up

9 Likes

If you go onto the discover tab and searched for a stock like Shell - does it not have buy/sell option below the timeline on the graph?

I completely understand. I had to try. Keep up the good fight, Viktor!

1 Like

Sounds like a user specific issue - @MeghanB26 is there something you can do to help?

Try restarting the app.

Business as usual for UK stocks.

If I place a Stop Loss or Limit Order at a specific price, can I expect it to execute when that price is matched in sync with the real market data, or with the data in app?

I can’t sell IUKD etf until 3pm but from what I can tell it’s not US stock