[Feature Request 🔧] Cryptocurrency support

Yeah I can’t disagree but he often makes strange public comments that knock pricing down but ultimately up. Who knows what he was truly thinking? He will probably buy the dip then say Bitcoin is using green energy next month and earn a load more :man_facepalming: :joy:

1 Like

It’s entirely possible he’s going to do that. This has become a joke. I mean, a man with that power over people and the market.

1 Like

Market manipulation 101, he just said that you will not able to purchase Tesla with BTC. Anyway who the heck is buying Tesla with Bitcoin?

I didn’t realise he sold off a load as well before the announcement :joy: Cheeky bugger!! Mind you I wouldn’t be concerned as he still has a load and won’t want to lose out on that value. It will just be a blip I am guessing. Like I said next month he will probably hype it up.

It’s not just that. He also said the reason - increased energy consumption using non-renewables. And it is at this point that comes my criticism, because it was he who started a recent shake in the market in favor of BTC showing now that he knows very little (or pretends not to know) what that means.

I don’t have btc or any other cryptocurrency, so it doesn’t affect my pocket, but it bothers me to see that the market has become hostage to a Tweet.

2 Likes

It is interesting though when does an opinion become market manipulation? If he was talking about Tesla then yes simple link but he isn’t the Bitcoin founder but he does have a stake in it doing well. With freedom of speech etc I do wonder where the line is actually.

Something’s definitely off about this…there’s absolutely no way that Elon and Tesla haven’t done their thorough due diligence on bitcoin before adding it to their balance sheet. Lots of speculation online that he will most likely be buying more on this dip he created in a way to favourably skew Tesla’s figures for the next quarter. Either way, it’s a very strange move which has rightly caused some suspicion, especially since a few weeks ago he publicly agreed with Jack Dorsey of Square when he claimed that “#bitcoin incentivizes renewable energy”.

Here’s Michael Saylor of MicroStrategy speaking on the energy consumption of bitcoin and PoW which I’m sure will be of interest here:

1 Like

I feel like this is linked to Elon musk being a destroyer of shorts, but I’m an idiot.

Sometimes, the old ones are the best ones.

He knows precisely what he’s doing.

7 Likes

He was committing a serious crime on SNL :man_facepalming: :joy: I tried to watch the whole thing for FOMO but I felt I had been abused by the end it was so painful even after the opening mums day BS.

yeah I also feel your pain - it was hard to watch!

1 Like

Elon is the world biggest troll. I think he loves it.

1 Like

Pick up Bitcoin, drive the price up, sell at pick and bring back the price down in the timeframe of few months. If it was not called Elon musk would be in prison already.

1 Like

10 out of 10 for attempting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But where is the legal line? Being popular shouldn’t mean you can’t express an opinion in case muppets react even if we all know what happens. :+1:

3 Likes

It worked for Donald Trump and Boris Johnson

Yeah, I’m not sure why not being able to buy a tesla with BTC is a reason to conclude a massive sell-off and therefor manipulation.

I think it states more about folks resolve than anything else. The fomo is obvious in that regard.

1 Like

Express your opinions is fine when the aim is personal gain, less so. Don’t hate the guy and don’t love the guy!

1 Like

Yeah I get that but where is the line? That is my point :+1: If you have shares can you discuss at home? yes. At the pub with friends? yes. On twitter if you have 5 followers? yes.

Why/where is the line that makes it securities fraud? I honestly don’t know.

1 Like

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck :duck:

As you say is questionable where the line is. He may or may not have cross the line with Bitcoin but looks at this tweet below.

Personally I think this is not ok, I remember an instance where Eurasia shares were suspended for some tweet (I think there were some inside information in the case of eurasia, so not completely the same).