[Feature Request 🔧] Cryptocurrency support

It could be an April fools joke :frowning:

Don’t think they would joke about an upcoming feature, especially with all the complaints that things are taking too long, that would not be a good look

Nicely spotted!!

1 Like

Hope crypto isn’t just on the desk top version for plus members? Surely Freetrade would be shooting themselves in the foot if this was the case

Just the desktop version - surely not.
Just for Plus members - I could see that happening.

2 Likes

Well spotted! Shame there is no JISA there too.

Yeah dhame about the jisa but nice to see a computer version

1 Like

It’s not an April fool’s joke, but I wouldn’t expect it imminently…

1 Like

The April fools joke part is the ‘soon’ :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I don’t think they’d do that. They’d want everyone to be able to open a crypto account with them so I doubt they’d limit it to just plus members.

1 Like

Waiting for that as well.
So far using ziglu uk fintech with current account for investing in BTC (and earning interest!)

Shame FT taking this long to get even custodied top ten crypto token exchange going. :smiling_face_with_tear:
I mean, there are many white label solutions out there, crypto is not a novelty by now, especially for a fintech.

It would only make sense if Freetrade wants to distinguish away from Coinbase-like bonkers! commissions fees and stick to FREE-TRADE route.

Still, is expect crypto category to be monetisable for FT

1 Like

and Cardano (top 10 would do) :raised_hands::muscle::pray:

Wait, there’s a desktop version!?

1 Like

It’s a great bonus to have for plus only members… I can easily see it being behind plus subscription

If the Crypto arm goes behind a paywall of plus then Freetrade would potentially lose out on trading fees. It just doesn’t make sense and wouldn’t attract new crypto traders.

1 Like

Would a company called Freetrade charge trading fees?

1 Like

They would probably have to with crypto trading; small and infrequent trades are not cost-efficient at exchanges, therefore, most exchanges charge a spot trading fee to buy and take possession of a digital coin.

Not yet, but it’s incoming.

The FCA seam to be bringing out so many regulation on UK trading platforms, would it even be worth it for FT
and whats the point in crypto trading if you have the FCA watching over you telling you what you can and cannot do with your money

I think platforms that started life as conventional investing platforms (like Freetrade) will see this as a positive. It will mean they can participate with more certainty as to what is and isn’t acceptable.

2 Likes