[Feature Request šŸ”§] Multiple Portfolios

Just gave feedback to impliment this very idea, I hope they have a look at it!

1 Like

Floating this up.

Starting to get to the point that I got a good portfolio of ETFs and shares, but the downside is that thereā€™s a lot to scroll through.

I would really like to have the ability to split them up in portfolios, and then see the portfolio for each of them. Ideally, we could name the portfolios myself.

My strategy largely revolves around four buckets:

• ETFs - long hold, ride the market (eg iShares Global Clean Energy ETF)
  • Wide Moat - individual stocks with high quality, low value, high conviction (eg. Legal & General)
  • Momentum - individual stocks with high momentum, medium conviction (eg AMD)
  • Moon Shots - individual stocks that I quite literally bet on, can lose my shirt or see crazy returns (eg Ceres, Greatland, Bushveld, Versarien, etc)

Just an example of what I would value. Like other said, they would like to break their pots by sector, or by outcome (eg kidsā€™ uni fund). Flexibility to name the pots yourself and allocate stocks is thus key.

8 Likes

Iā€™d love this too. The ability to segment up my investments would be great!

2 Likes

I actually should rename my ā€œMoon Shotsā€ bucket to ā€œCODFā€™s deep diveā€ bucket. :joy:

4 Likes

Iā€™d like to see this as I currently use Freetrade for longer term investing and another broker for shorter term trading. Partially because the other broker allows limit orders and partially because I like to have my two strategies split into different views, so being able to have multiple accounts or ā€˜bucketsā€™ would be helpful here.

1 Like

I just wanted to add my +1 to this, Trading212 have this feature in beta and Iā€™ve been using it for a few days and it truly changes the game for long term investing.

Iā€™d love to see this on Freetrade and I think long term it could even open up revenue streams for investors or add a social element to investing by allowing users to follow / share pots / pies.

1 Like

I think this is a good idea. Itā€™s more a UX thing than anything else but I was thinking I might want to have my money separated into more long term investments that I wonā€™t need to liquidate at any moment and can leave to ride out volatility/dips and then a separate pot which Iā€™d just have in an S&P 500 or Nasdaq 100 tracker funds which if needed I can liquidate with less risk of having bigger dips/volatility that may come with other stock investments (Though I know everything is volatile in the current market).

1 Like

VOTED! I thought Iā€™d had an original idea - something in the style of ā€œsavings potsā€ would be great!

It would be handy for lots of people at this time of year too. Imagine being able to create a ā€œChristmas money from grannyā€ pot and seeing how much you made it grow/vanish over the following year.

7 Likes

Just throwing my vote in here.

This personally would add huge value to my day to day usage of the app. As others have said, I invest in different stocks for different reasons and different lengths of time.

Many ETFs I ā€œset and forgetā€ and check them seldom, but other stocks I plan to hold for shorter periods and need more ā€œactive managementā€ - the ability to separate this would be extremely useful

7 Likes

Also want to throw my vote in on this idea. I would love to be able to quickly organise my investments and see the value/risk distribution at a glance. With the rising popularity of SPACs for example, it would be good to separate these out from my steadier investments like ETFs and large-caps.

5 Likes

Yep, also love this idea, was wondering if it was possible to do! Iā€™m mostly investing in dividend stocks but I would like to be able to create some custom groupings that would possibly show their own performance insights once clicked into. (not required but would be cool!)

3 Likes

It would be beneficial to see pots /pies /buckets to break up the current long lists of investment scrolling each time.

3 Likes

Anyone posting here to keep the dream alive gets instant hearts.
Come get hearts

7 Likes

Since we donā€™t like ā€œpiesā€ around hereā€¦ how about a ā€œbuild your own ETFā€ feature? Instantly makes sense and isnā€™t a pieā€¦ cā€™mon @freetrade, make it happen!

3 Likes

Also, I want to add that it seems like this feature has been requested for 3 years, with a respectable amount of votes. Does anyone know if someone from @freetrade has ever addressed this? Itā€™s not on the roadmapā€¦ will it ever happen??

3 Likes

Yh, Prefer the Saving Pot Feature

3 Likes

Got my vote as well. Would love to split my investments for ease of management and use of the app daily.

4 Likes

I like to buy shares with in chunks of the same value. So, for example, suppose I have 20 shares and I previously bought them for Ā£2,000, so each share was bought at Ā£100. Suppose I want to add Ā£200 to my portfolio, but I did not decide on a new share, so Iā€™d like to spread the amount so I invested Ā£110 on every share. Right now, Iā€™d have to visit each share and buy Ā£10 each. It takes a very long time. If I could simply select multiple shares and then say how much I want to buy of each, that would be very handy to me.

4 Likes

Bump!

5 Likes

Bump!!!

2 Likes