[Feature Request 🔧] Order Confirmation Screen

Yes, my trade was small, so I could have been extremely unlucky with timing. Regardless, if I was told I’m about to buy at 1.70, no way would I have gone ahead.

Freetrade are introducing limit orders very soon so you have the piece of mind.
Freetrade always get the best available price and if they can’t they will reject the order, I’ve checked the market data from today and it looks like you and many others were also buying at this level, with the high being 171.20. In these volatile market this can happen :frowning:

6 Likes

I had a look at the data.
Only 2 trades executed at 170p+
16:07:13-BST GBX 170p 156 £265.20 AT
16:07:58-BST GBX 170.2p 144 £245.088 AT
The reason the price was marked up then was because someone filled an order just before:
16:06:51-BST GBX 166.416p 5,000 £8320.80 OB

It was only between 16:07:11 and 16:08:12 that the offer went above 170p yesterday.
So you were unlucky with the timing.
But also if you paid 170p or 170.2p then freetrade does not get the best price execution as Adam has claimed.
Someone else bought at:
16:07:28-BST GBX 169.752p 146 £247.838 OB
This trade is marker OB which is off book and is likely a price offered by a market maker.

Limit orders are ok but until there is a price confirmation screen showing what your order could be filled at I won’t have confidence that freetrade can provide execution prices of other brokers.

And when your orders are over £1000 the execution price is far more important then cost of dealing.

1 Like

Just came here to see the community view after encountering this issue.

The new order confirmation screen is highly confusing. The price you see says the current time and if you click the little (i) it will say the latest price is from say 17 mins ago, last refreshed now or a few seconds ago. Very bad for an “open” platform.

We definitely need to have a price lock, however that is done technically and whoever takes the loss / gain.

Even for the masses who are long term investing, as per the previous post, when you do come to execute it’s not right that the price is potentially out by a significant amount.

Whenever using XO which is the same as Jarvis it has a 15 second window and either gives you that price or better, else it fails rarely, if it can’t execute.

I’m worried about the limit orders which are coming because the new execution policy and terms still stipulate you won’t always get the price you request; it will be the “best” post trigger. If I need to use it, I’ll sure as hell be building in a buffer.

1 Like
  1. They wont guarantee a price without live pricing, otherwise you could lock in a price from 15 mins ago and sell straight after on a rising stock.
  2. Paying for live pricing is a huge business decision, changes the app’s core use (day trading) and becomes a massive cost.

I’ll bet they will do it in a few years if the app is flying

2 Likes

So now, all of a sudden with no app update the message that comes up is just “why is this estimated?” With an explanation that the price could move and is based on the ‘latest’ price!

It even shows similar on a buy and it doesn’t say estimate on that screen.

This is a joke. At least the old way we could check how late the price was.

I guess this is a lesson now to find a better tool for the job I want to do.

Hi, can you check you’re on the latest version of the app?

The current version does show the timestamp:

Hi, is the time (as of 3:17PM) ios only? It isn’t on Android from the Play Store updated 5 minutes ago.

The new order flow isn’t released on Android yet, although we’re super close!

Once released on Android it will include the same info, including the price timestamp.

6 Likes

Latest version afaik no updates available. As per my previous post I had this feature then posted again when it disappeared.

The latest price (as of xx:yy) is very misleading because you could click for more info and find that it’s actually the latest refresh on your device but the price itself is actually from 20 mins ago. Fair enough that might be the definition of “latest price” but it would be more accurate to show the earlier time.

1 Like

My bad, that second post and info message might have been on the pre-review page.
Though right now I can’t get past that page as it says unable to get a market price.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. To the uninitiated it reads as ‘basically the price you will get’ but a lot can change in 15 minutes.

1 Like

Completely agree. I use other brokers and most of them provide a RSP quote and countdown to confirm if you accept or reject at the price. Like you said we have no idea what price we can get filled and just have to accept it even at a premium which can add up in the long run. Would be perfect if they add this feature.

1 Like

[quote=“[Feature Request ] Order Confirmation Screen, post:1, topic:17151”]
Please can there be an order confirmation screen which gives you a short time to confirm all order details, particularly the actual price, before completing an order? Knowing the exact price you are going to buy/sell at is key information, especially in a volatile market.
[/quote]

It shows the latest price FT had (@ timestamp), and the last price on the phone ( @ timestamp ). It would be preferable if the latest price was fetched, but think think the price could have then moved between pressing Confirm Buy.

Does FT pay per price fetch?

Would this make much difference in a volatile market? These are not fill or kill orders, are they?

There’s no such thing. It fetches the last price but that doesn’t mean the next one will be the same. Some brokers guarantee the last price but obviously have to absorb the risk.