Ferrexpo ⛏ FXPO - Stock Discussion

EDIT:

I forgot this is under a paywall but the headline is:

“ Ferrexpo warns on contracts after Ukraine port closures”

2 Likes

For the above article :+1: -

4 Likes

Another wasted investing on my part then! And with Russians help :pleading_face::man_facepalming: long term hold then

Only if you don’t think that you have another investment that will perform better. Ignore what you paid (that has no baring anymore), what’s the best place for me to put £XXX? If it’s anything other than FXP then you have your answer, sell and move on.

2 Likes

FXPO’s main operations sit in an area pretty much in the middle of a triangle between Kyiv, Kharkiv and Dnipro (a bit closer to the latter two but not a lot in it), and they are throwing their weight behind stockpiling while operations can safely take place, and shipping as much west as possible to allow them to ride out periods where it’s simply not safe to operate. Current value driven by the war however iron ore price has risen significantly of late.

Essentially if you think Ukraine will emerge from the war largely intact territorially, that the major cities on which Ukraine are focussing will hold, FXPO is priced with potential for significant upside; if you think otherwise then a price at the lower end of its usual pre-covid bands represents a perfectly reasonable escape route.

1 Like

Ferrexpo is the world’s third-largest exporter of iron ore pellets. Given that its operating base is in Ukraine, its share price has seen a decline of 40% year to date (YTD). However, the FTSE 250 company seems like a bargain as it is currently trading at a price-to-earnings ratio of one. It also offers a generous dividend yield of 18%, outstripping the current inflation rate. As such, I will be evaluating whether this cheap dividend stock is worthy of a position in my portfolio.

Disclaimer: I do not stand to profit in any way from sharing this article or the views I get. I am merely sharing this as an opinion to offer my insight to the stock whilst hoping to contribute to the discussion. These posts have been also been cleared by the mods.

1 Like

There is no current dividend people

@JimmyJ agreed this is the right one :+1:t2:

@woodyblade not sure if in this group but here’s a tag :+1:t2:

1 Like

A waiting game seems to be the best approach

I find the same reason when they offer a high yield? They can’t sustain it! Regardless of the current situation which is probably the reason why it’s been suspended

1 Like

Waiting game will be my course of action. I decided to buy 10 shares to see if they would make me a profit when the war in Ukraine is resolved (whenever that may be) but I limited myself to that to minimise losses.

1 Like

I bought last year made good little profit then reinvested divs was paying pretty decent then price of iron ores fell out and then this year the Ukraine thing!
For the record I have about 160+ shares

Just want to remind that since this company is based in Switzerland :switzerland: you will have to pay withholding tax on dividend. Found out today the hard way:

3 Likes

I have FXPO shares on another platform in an ISA and I don’t believe I paid any withholding tax at all.
Are your shares in an ISA?

ISA doesn’t matter it’s a witholding tax, so held before it reaches the ISA.

Same with US stocks.

1 Like

Hi @anon810895. That’s was my understanding. So I’ve just had a quick look to see if there are any special treaties, or maybe I’m just calculating it wrong.

I held 50 shares at ex div and I received £2.52 in payment.

Weird.

It’s covered here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ferrexpo.com/sites/default/files/attachments/pdf/Final%2520Special%2520Dividend%2520Letter%2520May%25202019.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj20qHB-JfnAhU9RRUIHRdaBmMQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw0wLVZc9ifBIERNe-hsOZNj

Very weird and a bit worrying tbh. As either the dividend I was paid was reported to me pre-tax but I received it post tax, or the other platform has made a mix up!
I might need to do some maths on my account…

Maybe best to ask your platform provider see what they say.

1 Like