Forum AMA with Nick Fell, Freetrade VP of Marketing, Fri 29th Oct, 1 PM

Hi Nick,

You said earlier that community was a key reason for you joining can you talk a little about the limitations of word of mouth referrals - are there any? Do you see this as a core part of your strategy going forwards?

I’ve got a young family and currently have moved my ISA and have a pending SIPP transfer (that is taking forever! Thanks Vanguard) but the product I want the most is a JISA. Speaking from a marketing standpoint what can Freetrade do to built lifetime relationships with people. NatWest famously had their pig money boxes and the legacy banks seems to get people when they’re young and keep them.

Personally I would love to see a ‘Freetrade Family’ plan aim at parents and grandparents to open a JISA (or the ultimate goal of a cheap JSIPP) for children bundled with their ISA / SIPP. This would win a current customer and secure future customer who FT would be the natural choice for when they need a LISA for their first home.

Oh and we still love you @Freetrade_Team

38 Likes

We know that the Freetrade community is generally in their 20’s and 30’s (please correct me if I’m wrong) of this user group what proportion actaully have children? (Not that I’m exluding other ages or those with kids)

Obviously as time goes on these younger users may have children themselves so early investment is important, it just make sense introducing a JISA as could create generational loyalty to the company long after the parents have gone.

Who knows Freetrade could be still around in a 100 years but its unlikely that I will.

7 Likes

When will a JISA be launched? I think this would have a big impact on AUM as people (myself included) would then bring their other accounts over from other providers which they use a one stop shop.

6 Likes

Hi Nick,

I’d like to know when you’ll support employer contributions to a SIPP.

5 Likes

I think this is more of a marketing AMA.

So you’d need to phrase your question such as…

“I’d like to know when the marketing team will be able to advertise that you support employer contributions to a SIPP.”

:relaxed:

8 Likes

TBF that could also go with most of the above questions :stuck_out_tongue: I think Nick will need to take a week off day to day work to answer all the questions posted. :rofl:

1 Like

“When can the marketing team expect to be able to advertise they now can offer customers JISAs and LISAs”

Easy :wink:

Edited to include Lisa’s :wink:

4 Likes

The people who ask for JISA vs. the majority of FT users:

11 Likes

LISAs fit the audience though and would love to see this come to FT

9 Likes

Do you plan sponsoring more podcasts particularly business and sports one with young professional listernship who have some disposable income but are less likely to have investment accounts

1 Like

Hi Nick, which KPIs are you targeting for marketing activities?

What kind of conversion rates (into funded accounts/FT+ subscription) are FT getting for recent sign-ups?

4 Likes

You not got a GISA? Grandkids Individual Savings Account

1 Like

This would also be my question

1 Like

There has been a marked increase in ‘offline’ advertising recently (newspapers, radio, tube stations, etc) - how effectively can you evaluate which of these platforms are performing well, and which aren’t working out, especially as they seem to have all gone live at the same time?

Obviously with online it’s simple to track real time analytics but I assume this is tougher for offline. (I’m not a marketing man so this might be really straight forward!).

Also, I assume the AMA will be recorded and shared after the event? @Freetrade_Team

4 Likes

Have Freetrade decided to cut all ad spend from Facebook due to Whistleblower?

Source:

& is the Viral Coefficient (K Factor) well over 1? and if so can you share it?

I’d love to see this delivered as a video as opposed to written reply.

Oh I assumed it was a zoom like before, didn’t realise that it wasn’t this time, sorry!

After we resign the title I think I got it wrong. I’ve been conditioned by Reddit AMA’s. Think it’ll be streamed

Thanks for all the questions so far!

I’ll answer them as completely as I can but I’m sure you’ll understand that I can’t share any confidential information, e.g. Dorito flavour preference.

For those that asked, I’ll be answering here on the forum this Friday so I can get through as many questions as possible in the time. We’ll plan to do a video AMA in future. Thanks for your understanding.

16 Likes

That means cool original but he’s not willing to admit it because we’ll all judge him.

6 Likes