Fractional Share oddity

I’m just writing this in case anyone else runs into this problem because it took me a fair while to figure out what the heck was going on.

To give some background - I have decided to sell all the shares in my Freetrade portfolio due to the issues of no Tax Certificate and I really don’t want to try to calculate it more than once, so all the shares I have ever bought since I started with Freetrade have now been sold.

Now here is the weird thing - they don’t add up - I’m missing (fractional) shares. :scream:

It seems like as far as I can tell at some point they were doing fractional shares to 8 decimal places, and more recently it’s now only 7 decimal places.

Now obviously this probably doesn’t matter unless you’re buying a shedload of Berkshire Hathaway Class A’s. But I thought I’d mention it in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

1 Like

If i got your issue correctly and assuming a 7 decimals rounding down, then for every 10M euros involved you will lose 1 euro. I know 1 euro is still 1 euro but… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah agreed - it was more that it was playing havoc with tax calculations.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.