Freetrade + ChatGPT

To have winners you have to have losers.

So widespread publicly available AI investment advice cannot ‘print money’. And even if it did, it would be corrected by inflation.

If AI worked as an investment tool, which it might, then it’s services would be first employees by the highest bidder. These would be the hedge funds and the high frequency traders etc. This is where early gains could be made. Once it becomes ubiquitous then it will cease to function as differentiating tool
The customers of Freetrade would be at the back of the queue. Their lunch would have already been eaten.

1 Like

My bad - I meant it somewhat tongue in cheek, but failed to use an emoji :crazy_face:

I imagine that the true benefit would be in stock discovery through various metrics including financials and growth etc. as well as text interpretation around company management, business sector etc. If FT are aware, or suspect that competitors are investing in it’s use, it would be wise to keep on top of it.

I can imagine a tool which can pick a stock through filtering out CEOs with poor track records, looking for regularly increasing dividends, has a specific stock price in a particular market - and all through typing a sentence into a box.

2 Likes

Now this does make sense :rofl::+1:

1 Like