Freetrade Competitors

Carefully read their terms and conditions

Has anyone had the commissions free trade offer from HL that ive heard about?

1 Like

Nope, from what I gather, it’s only one free commission though, so nothing to really write home about.

Doing best is not always going for the company with the lowest fees!

Thanks for the suggestion. It is not one of my brokers and never has been. So I have never felt the need to look at the T&C’s. Having said that, I just looked at them, following your suggestion, and I am satisfied with my statement that they use nominee accounts and in fact they follow the FCA’s Client Asset Rules (which I am very familiar with).

1 Like

Well unless they’ve changed it recently I’ll suggest anyone wanting to use them to read closer. There are a couple of things to pay attention to. But I’ll leave it there

1 Like

Yeah they never offered me it so I wasn’t sure of the exact details

Which bits?

Genuinely what are the benefits of having a freetrade ISA over a T212 ISA? £60 a year for freetrade,T212 free,dividend payments always late with FT,not on T212, the app on freetrade is more enjoyable/easy to use than T212,but genuinely is it worth the outlay of £60 a year when there is pretty much the same isa with the same stocks for free? I use freetrade btw and i’m not saying it’s terrible or anything,ive just been weighing up options for next years ISA and wonder what everyone thinks?pros and cons and why people would rather pay 60 pound a year.

3 Likes

Last time I mentioned that I was sanctioned :joy: so I won’t say more than it’s worth carefully reading the terms. That goes for any broker but there may be differences in 212s

Everything you say is true, my reason for using FT is that T212 was closed to new accounts when I made my FT account and tbh I have had only good experiences with FT. So IMO for me £60 is chill when my ISA is 5 figures, below that it doesnt rly make sense and you should use the free version or T212.

3 Likes

Yes, the fact that they closed accounts to new entrants is what makes me not trust T212. Annoyed though I am with FreeTrade and the latest dividend delays, I’m hoping they get fixed because otherwise I’ve had a good experience with them, other minor niggles aside.

1 Like

T212 allows new accounts currently

Yes I know they do, but the fact that they closed them in the first place makes me not trust them. What are they hiding? How sustainable are they really?

To be fair, T212 had to move its EU customers to a different entity due to Brexit which must’ve been a fair ol’ undertaking.

Yeah, but nobody explained why UK clients onboarding was stopped.

5 Likes

To make sure new accounts didn’t get missed out/mixed up from the backend changed being made?

Sometimes there are no conspiracies

1 Like

Also take time to do Infrastructure Changes if it a Private Cloud Model

Can you name any feature preventing from new users, which should take more than year? Does it mean that any new feature requires a year to be implemented for existing customers?

1 Like

I suppose you are speaking of 212.

I think they only have 17 staff iirc?

Back in the day before they closed I know people were complaining about it taking an age for orders to execute.

Also I think the FCA got involved as thier EU resident customers were still on the UK entity and they needed to create an EU based entity as I doubt the FCA wanted to regulate customer accounts where the customer was legally resident in the EU instead of the UK, same for the FSCS.

In the end perhaps we sha never know the minutiae details but these give some indication of some of the possible reasons.

I’m not a 212 apologist or fangirl, like you I’m trying my best to understand, but realise I may never know the full extent of why