Freetrade Competitors

1 million approximately

And probably some cross over on people having accounts with various platforms, either to test, the free share thing, or some other raison

BUX have cancelled their Seedrs crowdfunding round, no details given as to why:

Thank you for investing in BUX. The campaign has been cancelled and all funds are being returned to investors.
Please see below for a message from the Bux team:

"We are sorry to inform you that Buxā€™s crowdfunding campaign will not be moving forward.

Due to recent developments, we have had to take the decision to adopt a different strategic approach to our fundraising.

We will provide an update shortly to existing investors.

The Bux team would like to thank you for your continued support of the business and our mission."

1 Like

sale or merger for BUX?

Perhaps a Revolving Credit Facility or some other debt financing? Just speculation.

From a (cursory, very quick) look at Bux they appear highly complementary to Freetrade. I wonder if someoneā€™s thinking about buying them both at a knockdown price, injecting a bit of cash and then driving some hard growth and hard efficienciesā€¦?

1 Like

They do UK now, but very limited. They donā€™t have ISA either.

However, their app is so good!

100% agree. Also they operate in few EU countries and their platform allow crypto trading. Freeetrade should buy them!

I posted this on the Crowdfunding section.

N26 and Bux merger failed.

2 Likes

Robinhood Markets said its monthly active users increased by 600K in January, ending the month at 12.0M.
Source - Seekingalpha

1 Like

FT Dont have the money for that!

2 Likes

share deal mate

Huh?

Thatā€™s similar to a person saying they can buy a maccies double cheeseburger, and another buying a maccies franchise.

Huge difference

Itā€™s ludicrous to suggest that Freetrade might buy a competitor that probably has a similar valuation (maybe even higher) at this stage

They donā€™t have the money and to do it with shares would dilute existing investors into oblivion

2 Likes

Freetrade would be the hunted not the hunter :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As Iā€™ve mentioned in the Flexible ISAs thread, this company is advertising all over London at the moment. Discover Flexibility with our Stocks and Shares ISA | CMC Invest

Itā€™s Plus model is Ā£10 per month so is more expensive, but would allow for less emergency cash to be held outside the ISA as itā€™s flexible as long as you put money you withdraw back in the same tax year. Much as I do like FreeTrade, Iā€™ll be doing research on this product for the new tax year with the possibility of switching as Iā€™m finding the lack of ISA flexibility and the slowness with which FreeTrade acknowledges and fixes problems increasingly irritating.

3 Likes

Hi Allan,

I understand your comments but this would only be an issue if people are hitting the max 20k a year subscription into the S&S ISA.

Is this service worth double the ISA fee with Freetrade?

Also worth noting the FX fee is higher and I could not see any mention of interest payments for cash held on account.

1 Like

I opened a basic account with CMC recently. It was mostly for the free Ā£50 bonus offer. The platformā€™s not too bad but it doesnā€™t have the greatest range of investments, so I wonā€™t be using it long term.

2 Likes

I like this and the idea is very handy for those who want to add but may need to change their mind due to circumstances where they can then add again. True, only if you will add the Ā£20k but handy for those who may.

Iā€™ve said before I like the look of this company as they sounded great when on Sky Financial programme. I reckon they will evolve at a rapid pace now they are in the UK. May be worth the extra money. Think Ft are better than them at the moment but if/when they sell up I will probably consider the move.

1 Like

Itā€™s not just if you are hitting the max though is it? without the flexible bit, if you put 11K in then take it out you canā€™t put it all back

3 Likes