Freetrade Roadmap: Reloaded

Still no referral links ;(

No plans for fractional ETFs?

1 Like

ā€¦though still no sign of a Lifetime ISA on the horizon :pensive:

5 Likes

Thanks @Viktor, this is brilliant! Very excited to see the new features coming in the next few months!

2 Likes

This is great - thanks for sharing! Apologies if Iā€™ve missed a post, but how do these developments relate to the Freetrade Investment Platformā„¢ļø? Or are they all constituent parts of said platform?

3 Likes

Weā€™ll probably post more details, you havenā€™t missed anything. :+1:

The Investment Platform will enable a number of these features. The way to think about it is, the Platform serves as the foundation for those features, but they still have to be built on top of it, and additionally, we thought you may be more interested in when those specific things roll out as opposed to the underlying (but super important) Platform. Hope that makes sense!

4 Likes

On behalf of our team, thank you! :blush:

Got it , thank you for explaining so clearly! :ok_hand:

Great to see this new updated roadmap, thanks for that, bookmarked! Excited to see fractional shares and limit orders coming soon.

For the more technically inclined It would be super interesting to read a technical blog post on the new platform and the challenges of moving to it once it is ready. Though it doesnā€™t impact customers directly, Iā€™m sure many here would be interested.

4 Likes

We still use it. Most people I chatted about this with internally like it for the kanban boards. Iā€™m personally a big fan of Google Docs. I was at Google when they bought Writely, and the development of the product has been incredible. I find I use it for things Notion is trying to solve, and I think thatā€™s the case for a number of other Freetraders as well. For other things Notion is trying to solve, a number of us use Trello. But yeah, itā€™s just a tool, and we spent 99.99% of our mindspace on delivering the roadmap for you and the rest on what the tool or format should be. :man_shrugging:

Bias to action and all that.

Definitely, and I expect weā€™ll do that. Itā€™s deeply interesting. Most customers care about the outcome of it, and itā€™s important to recognise that. We prefer to spend the majority of our limited comms resources on telling our community about the things that they actually care about.

3 Likes

Great to see so many of the communities suggestions on the roadmap as well. Itā€™s a bit like the Acquired podcast w/ Xaoimi, where the users vote on a forum for what they want to see. Thanks a lot Viktor. Bookmarked!

3 Likes

Hey Kenny - thatā€™s a good shout. Weā€™re putting a talk together now for a future community event. Once dates are sorted weā€™ll announce on the community.

Edit: oops, missed @Viktorā€™s reply already!

2 Likes

Fractionals will include shares and ETFs. Weā€™ll clarify this more clearly on the roadmap :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fractionals and instant deposits are the two most important things right now, they should be prioritised.

An expanded stock universe is great but most people canā€™t by an Amazon share cause of the cost.

1 Like

True portfolio return is crucial, glad to see it actively being worked on!

3 Likes

One payment going being allocated to a portfolio of investments that you built: nice.

Iā€™d love to see Lifestrategy or similar on Freetrade. There is clearly a market need for encouraging novice investors. But one problem with that and pre-made allocations might be that itā€™d qualify as Financial Advice, which I think Freetrade isnā€™t allowed to do.

1 Like

They might not be qualified now - but if Nutmeg can get qualified, I am sure Freetrade could too. This will definitely be a smart acquisition strategy for novice investors who can then be educated and introduced to building their own portfolios all on freetrade.

1 Like

Any chance youā€™d able to chuck this into the ā€œbetter graphsā€ section? :wink:

2 Likes

Love a play on words and this message. Anything that clarifies & emphasises Freetrade is built for long term investing over short term trading is a differentiator. :ballot_box:

4 Likes