Freetrade user growth

I agree, ā€˜userā€™ is not the best terminology. We usually call it ā€˜communityā€™ as a lot of these people are very engaged, give us feedback, feature ideas, etc. :heart:

3 Likes

A footnote explaining this would be a transparent addition then, particularly if this graph :chart_with_upwards_trend: is going to be used in the Crowdfunding pitch material.

1 Like

My bad, youā€™re right, Iā€™ve updated my original post to acknowledge that. Iā€™ll leave the topicā€™s title as it is though as soon thatā€™s what weā€™ll be keeping track of here.

2 Likes

Just checked the pitch deck, we call it ā€˜communityā€™.

Still, good shout.

3 Likes

It looks like Freetradeā€™s going to show us our user numbers :tada:

I was late to the party with Monzo but I hope I make it into the first 100 this time around :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

We have an onboarded user base of one indeed. :tada:

2 Likes

If thereā€™s excitement about having low user numbers, I expect there will be interest in stock-performance related leaderboards and so on. But caution: we should measure ourselves against our own goals [1], not against other users :slight_smile: (Er, unless beating @Viktor is your actual goal, in which caseā€¦)

[1] goal setting would be a useful feature.

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Freetrade Gamification

Any news on the rollout plans, now that your fundraise is destined to be a huge success (congratulations on that by the way)?

Request access to the investor deck on CC; it will answer this question and more:

Iā€™m not sure it does. I was asking when they are planning to start the rollout in the immediate future, not what their plans are on a timescale of years. So far they have 1 user on board, hope to see that ramp up quickly.

1 Like

It has projections of accounts/users for this year 2018 onwards, but I understand where youā€™re coming from now buddy.

Edit: the latest is theyā€™re on boarding in batches of 100, starting with the prior 1200 R1/R2 Investors before the 30,000+ on the waiting list.

@Viktor any crafty ideas to boost customer growth rates when the time comes, aside from referrals, press and Freetrade apparel?

2 Likes

We think about growth a bit broader than individual tactics and ideas. Growth is something weā€™ve configured for from the start with fundamentals e.g. FCA authorisation, becoming a member firm of the London Stock Exchange, etc. As a result, we smashed our Crowdcube round. Eyeballing the data, I think the mode investment is probably Ā£2,000, which shows a lot of people have very strong conviction about Freetrade. And we are not talking about VC types or high net worth individuals. Itā€™s future customers like yourself making big bets on us. Itā€™s humbling.

Weā€™ll amplify the tactics that work well, e.g. referrals, potentially implementing new ideas like queue jump tickets. Weā€™ll continue to not invest into paid channels where we donā€™t see the economics setting us up for long-term, high-quality growth right now. But we are not dogmatic. In any case, weā€™ll continue to spend a tiny fraction of what other companies do on lead acquisition.

One of our priorities is hiring, which will set us up for even more growth and execution! Watch this space for more updates in the coming weeks. Iā€™m super energised by whatā€™s coming in the next few months!! :fire:

13 Likes

Props for what itā€™s worth, couldnā€™t imagine the business being in a stronger position to grow and attract new talent at such an early stage.

I suppose itā€™s the prospect of the new, viral growth ideas specific to the Freetrade model I was pondering over. Seen some great ideas over the years in other sectors. Freetrade aside I personally havenā€™t seen anything properly innovative specific to the wealth space.

Iā€™m sure a few hoodies would go a long way next time youā€™re getting the whiteboard out!

5 Likes

:tada:

5 Likes

50,000 on the list. The biggest milestone so far :eyes:

Keep up, Freetrade Team!

13 Likes

Wonderful milestone. :partying_face: :freetrade: I personally believe that creating this community/forum for people to communicate while waiting and even after was a great way to keep people engaged during the development and it will just continue to grow. I may not be one of the first people to join the community but I definitely hope to be one of the people who will stay the longest. :grin:

6 Likes

Another astonishing 10% waitlist growth in just a scope of under three weeks, exponential growth with no room to slow down here it comes!

Curious what it will be like after the app launches on the 18th of September :sunglasses:

Fun fact: 55,000 is the population of Marshall Islands (it is a sovereign country :wink: )

14 Likes

Some nice new stats and a multicoloured graph. What else could anyone want on a Saturday?

https://mobile.twitter.com/doddsie/status/1127182766372728832?s=21

Compared to Monzoā€™s historical data

14 Likes