Freetrade's platform has launched: Sign up to the Invest by Freetrade closed beta šŸ“²

I got a message in app to tell em I had been moved over.

Got my message this morning! Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Thatā€™s annoying! I signed up within a few minutes of the original post so I would have thought I would be in the first or second round.

1 Like

Perhaps they have certain types of users they want to move first so theyā€™ve got a range of experiences to test. I was also one of the early sign ups here and a very early user of Freetrade and I havenā€™t heard anything yet either.

2 Likes

Same here - probably all the early ones onboarded are IOS, so Android users at the back of the queue as usual :laughing:

2 Likes

Im on android and was moved over yesetrday

Iā€™m IOS and not moved over so donā€™t think it is that.

Iā€™m Android and was moved in December. Must just be you @weenie :wink:

1 Like

Dammit Jim! :laughing:

Not just @weenie - Iā€™m IOS and signed up first day but still waiting. Guess we just lucked out :frowning:

1 Like

Things seem to be going ahead-

Hereā€™s hoping reits will be available in isas with this new platform :slight_smile:

I just received a message saying that Iā€™ve been migrated.

3 Likes

Me too. But migrated to where exactlyā€¦? :thinking:

Am I right in thinking thereā€™s a desktop platform available, or is it just an in-app upgrade, because having had a quick peruse, I canā€™t see anything thatā€™s changed so far (no fractionals, no new shares afaics?).

Desktop is coming.

But the invest platform is their own tech built in-house. Allowing them to bring features etc quicker to market I believe. As far as I am ware nothing will change in the app apart from instant transactions for now.

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong though.

3 Likes

Itā€™s the backend that has been migrated. Your orders will now be going through Freetradeā€™s own Invest platform instead of using their third-party supplier.

At this point, ideally everything should be working fine. If anything doesnā€™t work, or something curious happens, then youā€™d want to report it via the in-app chat.

I was moved over yesterday and it seems fine so far. Fingers crossed that as more people are moved over that it holds up to the load.

2 Likes

Hey @PeakOwl, what @mrpbennett and @HoldenCarver are saying is correct (thanks, guys!)

Invest by Freetrade is our back-end tech platform which will allow us to:

• Enjoy a better app experience (instant deposits, and a faster, more stable app etc)
  • Ship new features in the next few weeks/months (fractional shares etc)
  • Reduce dependence on third-party platforms (linked to point one)

Nothing will change from your pov apart from the improvements above, and weā€™re starting to upgrade all customers now :grinning:

More info on this blog:

P.S. a version of Freetrade for web is on our roadmap, but itā€™ll be a little while longer as weā€™re prioritising upgrading all customers to Invest plus some other work, first :blush: :grinning:

13 Likes

Thanks @Freetrade_Team :+1:, sounds exciting! Looking forward to seeing the features get introducedā€¦

1 Like

Based on the email I just received, one of the reasons why your accounts might not have been upgraded yet is because the total portfolio value may exceed Ā£10k. Curious to know why the total portfolio value has been taken into consideration and not the actual volume/value of trades?

Also, does anybody know whether Invest will provide us with better FX rates when placing orders for US stocks?

Looking forward to it!!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is everything on track to migrate everyone by the end of this week??

Iā€™m still waitingā€¦ :grimacing:

1 Like