GME Short Squeeze and Limit Sell limitations

are we doing a guess the top price 2022 edition? $112,846.62

Sure, the answer is still $347.51. The company is valued at 10 billion currently but revenue is consistently falling, losses are widening, and market conditions are not favourable - theyā€™re not worth half of that IMO and NFTs will not save them.

2 Likes

I think @kenny is correct above but in answer to your question, No. It was set up as a bit of fun to take a bit of the sting out of the argumentative nature of the discussions back then. It has however almost died a death of interest on the subject. :+1:

I hope my small amount suddenly grows a lot and I wonā€™t sell unless some magical number comes out but I wonā€™t be holding my breath.

1 Like

I hope I donā€™t sound like an old man but the least said about GME the better.

It was fun to start with but ā€œto the moonā€ & ā€œ :rocket: ā€œ worn thin very quickly.

4 Likes

Opensea is a $13.3bn valued company with 200,000 AUM and a not very newbie friendly interface. You canā€™t see value in GME entering this space with PowerUp members of 55+ million and cash in the bank to do it right?

I cannot see value in this.

Alrighty thenā€¦

This announcement was basically the same thing they said in May, they still havenā€™t build anything after 8 months they needed to boost the share price to reissued the same news.

1 Like

they never commented. WSJ picked up on old news and presented it in a way that creates a narrative around the company. Gamestop has previously filed comments that news channels and media outlets, blogs etc, will make statements that may not reflect on the companyā€™s plans and could influence the share price. Now, if you want to believe that the ā€œSources familiar with the matterā€ is a grounded source to base your belief that they have actually said anything, well, ok.

1 Like

I know the WSJ had other things to report on yesterday without digging up a May 21 press release from GameStop.

Market manipulation only happens with itā€™s a hedge fund. GameStop realised that they were about to report that they missed their number of Christmas sales and did this to bump to stock / distract people.

Every other media source referenced this story.

What is it Gamestop ā€œdidā€ to manipulate the price for Christmas (if that is what you are insinuating)? Has a source come out and comfirm what they literally have had on a website for months (in asking content creators and game developers to register interest in new NFT projects)

All the media hype there was based from that one WSJ story and spun. Yahoo had a guest analyst on saying that GME strategy could be supporting Al qaeda. fascinating stuff really.

ā€œThere have been signs some investors are losing patienceā€

ya ya ya keep trucking.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Whatā€™s the latest on GME? Sorry if this is covered, but very frustrating.

No. I think I covered that with my ā€œSorry if this is coveredā€. Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

I think the link was meant for the first post in that topic:

Expand that and you will see what the position is with regards buying of US stocks.

1 Like

Thank you @tbutz - so just a matter of keeping an eye on it and hoping these button colours changeā€¦

Was it normal to have limit orders restricted to within 200% of market price?

I donā€™t understand why.

The error is still showingā€¦ it is no longer saying itā€™s because the market is closed though.

ā€œLimit price must be within 200% of the latest priceā€ā€¦

I have no clue about limit orders, sorry.

There probably never seemed any need for such a high sell order, short squeezes are rare and most stocks donā€™t fly up that fast. Still think you could do +200 and then if its up tomorrow put a new one on, cancel if it somehow looks like it might hit it.

I had been thinking of doing that too, but cancelling the limit order took a good 4 hours on Friday so seems like a bit of a deal breaker. (And in that time, the shares are not available for trade so are in complete limbo)

I could use a triggered sell order but market sell orders are taking a long time to go through as well (I believe) so could very well execute after a squeeze.

I must be missing something. I just donā€™t understand why there would be any restriction on the limit order price.

Probably worth saying there are plenty of reasons to set a high limit order outside of a short speculative play. That being said, it looks like limit orders only persist for 90 days so thereā€™s that tooā€¦

1 Like