Greatland Gold - GGP - Share Chat

Nice one. Look forward to Aston Martin research. Automotive is outside my circle of competence so would enjoy seeing how you approach it

1 Like

10 Likes

Heres the current list if anyone is interested:

1 Like

How big would it need to be to get into ftse250?

I didnt realise that. I thought it was automatic when they reviewed the market caps each quarte. I quite like not having to pay stamp duty though :grin:

1 Like

Here is the latest listings, GGP is 8 places away from being on the FTSE 250.

http://www.stockchallenge.co.uk/ftse.php

1 Like

If you look a bit higher you will see that there are plenty of AIM companies higher up that are not part of the FTSE250. eg. Dart Group. I just think that they operate as different markets (FTSE and AIM) even if they are run and owned by he same exchange (LSE).

Also, I believe that volume traded daily is a big part of joining the FTSE250, not just market cap. I would say that GGP is nowhere near having enough daily trade volume (in GBP) to even be considered.

1 Like

You have the LSE (London Stock exchange).

It has two main markets:

Main market
Alternative Investment market (AIM)

FTSE Group manages a few indices, these are basically lists that the companies must meet the criteria to fit in.

So GGP is listed under AIM, and will soon be included in the top 100 companies (out of ~1,250) that is called the FTSE AIM 100 index.

1 Like

Anyone know if this would make them more appealing or accessible to funds or institutions to invest in?

Spotted a new RNS about the mining license this morning which is good to see.

7 Likes

Usually weary of Simply Wall St articles as they are automated however this has human time allocated.

3 Likes

RNS this morning :+1: :moneybag:

6 Likes

Broke 13p on open. Hopefully it can now keep it the 12p-13p and push from here.

VWAP showing ~12.50

Hopefully these charts don’t get me banned, I can’t really crop it anymore before it’s useless.

Just including Freetrades chart so I’m not ‘promoting’ one over the other, and this post mysteriously disappears.

Looks like everyone wants in now :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Those are the type of charts I’d prefer in freetrade. Give it time and it will come I’m sure.

5 Likes

Yes it would be ace to see these in Freetrade. Would make it super simple to determine whether to buy or sell at any moment.

Could you explain the top two pictures? New to investing. Is it just more accurate figures as per the right hand side? Tia

1 Like

I am new too and struggle with these charts - I understand the current freetrade charts arent in depth enough for many, but they work for a beginner!

1 Like

So the black horizontals acts as resistance above and the lower support. You’ll see it ping between the two and then cross over as it breaks out. You make them on yourself and keep tabs throughout trading, as they’ll often return to these points.

The chart below has a better VWAP line. The trading should return to this point. The red is over bought meaning sell now when it starts returning to VWAP, the red is potentially entering a buy phase.
Here’s now:

Both are using Heikin-Ashi candles which make it easier to see the buy/sell trends. Blue and green are the same I just haven’t coloured them the same.

Worth looking on YouTube for using support/resistance and also vwap.

2 Likes

Think it’s worth pointing out for beginners that this is purely theoretical and by no means hard science.

2 Likes

Blockquote Think it’s worth pointing out for beginners that this is purely theoretical and by no means hard science

Well said.

1 Like