Greatland Gold - GGP - Share Chat

For investors who believe in GGP long term, it could be a good point to increase your holdings durning this dip.

5 Likes

agreed

Target buy in seems quite low? (May eat my words this afternoon given the fact itā€™s still dropping)
They should have more drill results released on 10th September (estimated date) for Havieron which could give another rise.
Unusual to see it drop so much on so little news and agree itā€™s partly down to opportunity cost but the gold is still there (I hope!!)

My thinking was that traders will be looking to take out as many stop losses as possible ( i could be wrong)

Iā€™ve already sold some of my positions @ 15p, ready to buy-in again. If the price does not hit my target i still have positions from 2p/3p which iā€™ve yet to sell.

Looks like they dropped to 11.80p to trigger some and itā€™s recovering slightly.
Interesting to see how this pans out over the next couple of weeks.

thanks for the headā€™s-up. Was close enough to my target to warrant another position.

I was going to do an emtional sell, but I honestly think that GGP will come good. #sprintnotamarathon

2 Likes

It was widely pushed on the pennystocks twitter pages etc, I think the hype made some think it was going to moon in July and there has been lots of exiting since. More for us I suppose!

1 Like

I appreciate that this could be to do with either the perceived future potential investment upside or due to personal circumstances, but does anyone have any ideas as to why the major shareholder is selling out at this point?

I canā€™t remember the details of the prior seller, but I believe that this is now the second major(ish) investor to sell out within the last few months. Due to this Iā€™d be interested to know if anyone has any information (not speculation) relating to why they have done this?

Matt

From the forums I follow the major seller who sold last week (S Beetham) has previously mentioned he would sell at 12p (I have no evidence of this btw).
Since he had approx 150m shares (4% total holding) I canā€™t blame him for selling (average buy in under 2p). Apparently he built a commercial property empire up north which is struggling which may indicate the need for cash. Whatever the reason, I donā€™t see whatā€™s changed for GGP in the short term and put this drop down to impatient opportunists who can see upside opportunities elsewhere and have cut their losses.
The simply Wall Street article that came out today (unfortunate timing) probably didnā€™t help as it looks to be a robot-generated article on why insider trading is taking place at GGP but not mentioning the huge amount of options that the directors have exercised (and a net gain in shares this year).
Iā€™ve got 80%+ of my portfolio in GGP and look forward to seeing the upside realised in the coming months, but remember this is AIM and is never straight forward (perhaps part of the reason Freetrade havenā€™t put many explorers on FT).
As always DYOR!

4 Likes

80% in one stock - braver than me, letā€™s just hope it pays off. I have no more than 5% in any one stock, with the exception of Tesla which is about 15% but only because itā€™s grown so rapidly.

2 Likes

I think weā€™ll find out in the next few months :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve gone in for more stock now mwhaha

1 Like

80% on a single explorer is not something that I would do. It is too much risk.
I hope you got in at a low priceā€¦ in which case you would be making quite a bit if you sold now :smiley:.

1 Like

Oof 80% is brave, big salute to you @MrChew . I get in a flap when any one individual stock is >3%.

1 Like

Perhaps he started out with ggp at 5% and bought really well so they are now 80% given the growth :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

You and me both @MrChew, also my main and top performing holding. 80k shares accumulated since 1.8p.

Lots of news due in the next few weeks/months and I truly believe this will bounce back soon. Patience required for those in doubt. Am I worriedā€¦ No :grinning:

6 Likes

Letā€™s just say Iā€™ve lost most of my gains this weekā€¦ :sweat_smile: but confident in the future of GGP and will continue to buy in over time.

2 Likes
5 Likes

worst to best performing stock and back to worstā€¦I feel the opportunity