Greatland Gold - GGP - Share Chat

Volume is high today. Plenty of action

Someone please correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but my understanding is that with Scallywag they could release drills results anytime they like given that they own the site 100% (as opposed to Havieron)?
Could mean that it makes it more risky for those ā€œbuying the rumour, selling the newsā€ which is what weā€™ve seen with the last few drill results.

2 Likes

New broker note with a 17.8p SP target by year-end (previous target was 15p):

10 Likes

15p finish today :partying_face:
Looks to be rising in anticipation of the drill results to be announced either 3rd or 10th September.
Also the possibility for a Scallywag visible mineralisation RNS at any point (assuming thereā€™s any gold there!) :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Rise this week is all to do with the possible inclusion in the GDXJ, meaning on the 18th September VanEck may be buying 100 million + shares.

There are also drilling results due in a couple of weeks. Scallywag results a few weeks after that. Exciting times.

1 Like

I agree with this and also I believe todayā€™s close price was 14.80p and not 15p. Onwards and upwards :rocket::rocket::rocket:

I canā€™t find anything on this rumour on googleā€¦
If you donā€™t mind me asking, where have you seen it?

1 Like

Actually, my investment wonā€™t be affected by this.
I already have a firm position on GGP that I do not intend to sell at current prices unless they announce some really bad news (such as fraud, or less gold than anticipated), but it is interesting to know what is going on with a company in which you are invested.

If you say something without a source then it can easily just be a worthless rumour. So yes, always check your sources.

11 Likes

To be honest, I didnā€™t ask you for anything. So please mind your own business, whether with a spoon or without one. My query was quite polite, your un-requested answer not so much.

With regards to the other query, I think its fair that if someone makes a claim you ask for the source to confirm the claim. If there is no source then okay, its likely that its just a rumour, but there is no harm in asking.

29 Likes

GDXJ is a fund based on the MVIS GDXJ index. The critera for inclusion of the index is a market cap of 150 million USD and certain liquidity requirements. The index is reviewed quarterly. But GGP should now qualify for it. The announcement will be on the 11th September and the fund will buy in on the 18th if included. The recent price rise is front running this.

19 Likes

Thank you for the explanation :slight_smile:.

7 Likes

Likewise, @AM90 explanation is spot on so donā€™t shoot me down because you didnā€™t know. Keep control of your own investments!

There is quite an active forum about this on LSE.co.uk where I read about it. Seems to be a few very knowledgeable investors on there, one of whom worked out this possible inclusion into GDXJ and explained it to everyone. Iā€™d be amazed if cheeky chops on here worked it out herself.

Nothing wrong with politely asking people about something you have clearly stated you canā€™t find any information on yourself.

15 Likes

Real spirit of the communityā€¦

23 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Removed August 2020.

Please keep the debates friendly guys, thereā€™s no place for sexism or homophobic insults here.

I donā€™t think this has anything to do with genderā€¦
This is a forum for discussion, opinions and research, a bit like the LSE one where Iā€™m pretty sure they worked out the GDXJ potential earlier this week.
If youā€™re not happy to share sources/research on the board then donā€™t talk on everyone elseā€™s behalf when responding to someone (who I donā€™t think was actually talking to you).
The only input Iā€™ve seen from you recently on this thread is you constantly whittling on about your profits hereā€¦ Iā€™m not sure if youā€™ve noticed but no one cares!

23 Likes

Well done Simonepoole for taking action on a negative conversation. People forget this is a social platform that anyone has access to and how it impacts Freetradeā€™s image. eg. the type of investors that are using the Freetrade services. This community strives to be positive as everyones goal is to make profit and see Freetarde grow/expand towards positive operations.

17 Likes

In more positive newsā€¦ 15.6p as I typeā€¦ good stuff!

13 Likes

Another great day for greatland, 16.5p I canā€™t find a date for the scallywag drill, is it just expectation/hype so far?

2 Likes