Greatland Gold - GGP - Share Chat

Indeed! There are some valuable piece of information here about FOMO for this stock and risk of investing in mining exploration.

I guess only time will tell but for now GGP is still a very profitable investment (for me) accounting for 12% of my total equity holding with an average price per share around 11p (bought some share at 28p).

There are no sure things. The same information is available to all market participants, yet the price is falling

1 Like

Good question. The world economy is in fits and starts because of Covid. Probably just a blip. If it goes lower I may have to liquidate other stuff and buy some more.
Welcome to the forum.
D.Y.O.R!
:grinning:

1 Like

By that logic youā€™re saying the markets accurately value all companies?

No Iā€™m saying there are no guaranteed sure things

1 Like

Short term, no. I mean, have you seen the state of the markets this year?

No stock is a sure thing so not sure what youā€™re getting at?

Just because it doesnā€™t go up in a straight line doesnā€™t mean it was pure hype/P&D.

Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re getting at either :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Market makers playing with the share price to buy in lowā€¦ pushing the share price low triggers stop losses that push it further lower allowing this with big money (maybe dark pools, who knows) to swoop in and get a bargain. This is an AIM stock keep in mindā€¦ Iā€™ve said this before. The fundamentals have not changed for the companyā€¦ Ignore the share price. Personally I bought a good chunk more as itā€™s a steal. But obvs DYOR.

Going by your logic nothing is a sure thing? :man_shrugging:t3:

This isnā€™t some hype company making millions in losses or with a product not yet in existence yetā€¦

Itā€™s literally gold in the ground that theyā€™ll be mining and selling in the not so distant future with the help of the largest Australian mining company - thatā€™s as sure a thing as Iā€™ve ever seen on the stock market :joy::joy::joy:

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m saying, nothing is a sure thing. If you disagree fair enough.

There are much cleverer investors that me out there, if this is such a sure thing why arenā€™t they all buying it hand over fist?

I suppose it comes down to how you define a sure thingā€¦ a black swan event could obviously impact it. For example say a country wanted to crash the gold price to make any further exploration/ new mines uneconomic.

IMO people arenā€™t buying GGP right now because thereā€™s so many other options to double/triple your money out there (mainly crypto plus all the recovery stocks).

Mining stocks were much more fashionable last year along with the gold price hitting $2050 per oz in august.

I think investors are much less patient now (perhaps lots more new lockdown investors?) and want quick returns. Hence the drop in sentiment in the mining industry.

Personally Iā€™m still buying GGP regularly, but I have a 3 year outlook for either production or a buy out.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been following this one for a while and had a very small amount of shares with an average of just under 23p. I saw today as an opportunity to get my average under 20p by adding a good chunk of shares. Managed to get down to 0.1995. Itā€™s still a small part of my overall portfolio but I may increase in the future. Never good to go all in at once when the price is heading down.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Unload at peak fomo, re-evaluate when more is known.

2 Likes

:scream: OMG! Whatā€™s going on? :broken_heart:

1 Like

Share Price free falling now we could really use an update from Shaun

Iā€™m topping up to bring down my obscene average of 22.5p.
Fun fact, ggp now has a lower p/e than Greggā€™s (according to freetrade). Surely a bargain by that measure! :grinning:

1 Like

So I took the plunge and bought 1000 shares at 18p. Lets see where this goes! We need another gold rush.

images

7 Likes

Haha. Makes my 30 shares holding look very lame. Bring on the Gold Rush.

Iā€™ve learned a lesson with it(or been stupid, likely stupid)I bought in at 21.5p sold for 24p or so and thought I could ride the volatile price. Bought at 23p looking for a quick flip and got stuck :joy: Iā€™ll average down when I can.