Greatland Gold - GGP - Share Chat

Hopefully in the near future the gold will rise again. Hold and top up when u can

Nothing fundamentally has changed with the company, if we all believe in GGP then itā€™s just business as usual. I personally am not loosing any sleep :+1:t2:

6 Likes
1 Like

This is now outstanding value and way oversold IMO, the gold in the ground is still there and we get closer to a pre-feasibility study every day. Importantly drilling season in Western Australia is about to start, meaning drilling in the Juri Juri JV is about to start and they are doing growth drilling at Havieron, which is far more exciting than infill. Also there is the possibility of a little ISA bounce as we head into April.

5 Likes

Are insiders in Greatland Gold purchasing and do they hold large amounts?

&

Are there any large purchases the past month?

I donā€™t know about insiders, but thereā€™s a large amount of institutional investors buying whilst it is relatively cheap.

1 Like

Yes, directors own 5% of the company + 2% for Gervaise Heddle who finished as CEO a few weeks ago. He bought at 22p a few weeks back when he was CEO.

2 Likes

500,000 shares at 22.4p around 2 months ago.

4 Likes

Clearly believes in the company

Thatā€™s on top of the 74 million shares he already hasā€¦ :eyes:

1 Like

If the price of gold were to fall further from its current level that could prove tough for GG if the gold price were to continue lower over the course of 1-3 years.

It is hard to see demand for gold increase beyond what happened last year anytime soon, the re-opening of the world I doubt will lead to mass buying of gold.

GG need to survive long enough and have a few key things stay relevant during this process. Which is tough for a pre-revenue loss making company.

Setting an alert for 0.12p and will look again next year.

Good Luck.

I think most commentators expect gold to rally. Excessive money printing dilutes fiat currency and causes inflation. This may particularly potent as the world re-opens, there is alot of pent up demand to spend money, causing further inflation. Governments across the world cannot afford for interest rates to combat the inflation because they have huge amounts of debt. This results in a situation where inflation is higher than rates, meaning real rates are negative i.e. if you buy government bonds, you are essentially lose money. At this stage gold becomes very attractive. It can be argued that the re-opening of the worlds economy is the next catalyst for goldā€™s upwards trajectory.

Historical analysis of the POG indicates that this type of correction is pretty normal in bull cycles. I would also argue that the current price of gold is historically very high. It just doesnā€™t seem like that because it was at $2000 6 months ago.

8 Likes

Iā€™m not sure why you think that as GGā€™s ability to make money isnā€™t necessarily predicated on the price of gold increasing.

Havieron is a great find with another company ie Newcrest taking much of the risk/cost (and benefit) plus utilises existing Newcrest infrastructure. The price of gold would have to drop a very long way for it not to be worth exploiting.

Obviously GG benefit from a higher gold price but it is far from crucial.

1 Like

Gold is always worth extracting!!!

The price was approx Ā£1,150 on the 1st Jan 2020 just before the pandemic and its Ā£1, 238 now so theres still a significant demand for it.

Its a good store of wealth against inflation for those who feel cash isnā€™t worth holding due to inflation.

It isnā€™t.

3 Likes

Indeed, it often isnā€™t because many deposits are uneconomic.

Not a problem for Havieron though, it will be one of the great gold mines, hence why Newcrest are moving at exceptional speed to get it into production.

1 Like

Whatā€™s caused the price to rise sharply today

2 Likes

Only thing I can see is Director exercised options and bought half a million worth of shares

3 Likes

New to this app and investing altogether. This was my first investment just a few days ago and feel happy about it!

6 Likes

No reason, just like it fell for no reason. Could be a big buyer taking advantage of the rock bottom prices. Director buys were ages ago.

1 Like