Greatland Gold - GGP - Share Chat

Hope the sp stays low so I can pick up a few every month for the forseeable

2 Likes

Worth mentioning that they’ve extended/delayed the deadline for the FS to be released - was meant to be this quarter (they haven’t specified when it will be released).

They’re most likely expecting inflation and cost uncertainty to ease in the next few months and also gives them more time to prove up a bigger resource which means a bigger NPV.

The critical path to production is the decline (now 916m in out of 2400m with the rate continually increasing). Therefore the delay in releasing the FS should not impact the date of first production.

3 Likes

I must admit on this particular share to be failing abysmally at rule no.1 of investing - understand the business you’re investing in.

I’ve tried to read all the reports, feasability studies etc., and most of the info (like your comment on the decline being 916m in out of 2400m etc) is going whooosh! over my head.

Despite that, what I have understood (I think) and believe based on my research, is that this is a share with a very good chance of a high upside. I’ll be keeping a close eye on developments across ALL of GGPs plots (not just Havieron), and making decisions accordingly.

Fingers (and toes) crossed!!

1 Like

Happy to run through anything you’re not clear on.

WRT the decline - they’re currently building an “exploration” tunnel (which will obviously be used for mining once they’ve signed off on mining) which is almost halfway to the orebody.

The orebody has 400m of cover on top of it, and since you’ll be sending drills, trucks and other equipment up and down there, the tunnel will be multiples of this 400m (roughly 6) based on the gradient they can safely use.

They’ve been building this tunnel since May last year, it was initially slow to progress as they encountered soft ground which is tricky to clear as well as build the structure to make the tunnel secure (they were building less than 3m per day).
They’re now doing approximately 5.5m per day and getting quicker with every update. The harder rock makes it easier to drill and blast and they’re currently working 24/7 on this. The expectation is they’ll reach the orebody sometime in H2 next year. Only then can they start mining the orebody.

The delay in releasing the FS therefore means little, as it’s not going to speed up the progress on the decline, and means they can be more confident in the estimates made in the FS the closer we get to production.

Hope this all makes sense, within the next 24 months GGP will be cashflow positive and likely a dividend payer from 2025. Long term hold for me in my ISA and SIPP!

12 Likes

Without wanting to sound like a creep, that’s the most straightforward explanation I’ve read in a long time. That makes a lot of sense now when I relate it to the ‘official’ stuff I’ve read.

I read the LSE GGP chat, as well as the (un)official GGP forum GGPChat - The Main Forum - GGPChat and as I say most of the stuff the intelligent folk post on there goes over my head. What does sink in though, is that this is an exciting time to be picking up the shares, I think.

Many thanks for your kind offer; no doubt I’ll be in touch at some point on the next few years’ journey to success! :+1: :grinning:

Btw it was an interview with Jim Mellon (about 4 years ago, maybe more) that first got me interested in this share.

5 Likes

Final Results

4 Likes

Any news about GGP dear investors?

There’s nothing much different to report at the moment. in my view, this share is either a takeover target in the short to medium term, or, subject to sufficient funding, a potential multi-bagger about 3-4 years from now, depending on how the drilling goes.

My strategy on this is to buy a few when the price is low, like at the moment. Couple of quid here, couple of quid there.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m doing the same! Here for the long run anyway

1 Like

Hello to everyone and wish you all a Happy XMAS!
Are there any news or movements with GGP?
THANKS

Hello to you all!
Is there anything that knows the reason for the 10% drop lately?

Have a look here, you might find an answer

1 Like
4 Likes

Will be interesting to see how that one plays out.

Kinda new to all this, so not fully aware of all the ins and outs/jargon etc…but is that latest announcement good or bad for us?

Hi Nytstrike.

I’ve been invested in GGP for a number of years; tried to read all the forums to continually improve my understanding of what I’m invested in. While I’m now very comfortable with my investment in it, I’m still trusting my luck when it comes to this sort of development/announcement.

There are so many possibilities in play, with many potential differing outcomes. On balance, I think this is great news.

(If you haven’t already, take a look at the GGP forum GGPChat (Google it), and also on the London South East webpage. Lots of very well informed posters on there - you’ll learn a lot - as I have.

Cheers :+1:

2 Likes

https://www.ggpchat.co.uk/

1 Like

This is interesting reading:

4 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes