GVC Holdings plc GVC

The owner of Ladbroke’s, Bwin and Foxy Bingo, this gaming conglomerate owns a huge number of online betting and gaming brands.

This might be a stupid question but is Entain (formally known as GVC Holdings) 100% a UK company? I didn’t have to pay for stamp duty when I brought two shares from them, probably because they’re based in the Isle of Man and don’t get subjected to that kind of stuff. Still I was worried I would have to pay tax since they were founded in Luxembourg back in 2004 (known than as Gaming VC Holdings S.A).

Right now I’m using an ISA to be free from tax complications but I know I can still be taxed for owning non-UK shares. I did try to look into this on my own but I want a second opinion. The final thing I know about Entain is that they are a UK Tax resident. So have I been worrying over nothing? Thanks and happy investing to you all.

Yes it is, the share price should start to rise nicely when it really gets a foothold in the US market.

1 Like

DraftKings is now trying to buy Entain plc which is why my shares rose up to 24.60% today. I do hope Entain decline the offer know.

3 Likes