Hammerson explaination

Hi all,

Please can someone explain to me why Hammerson (HMSO) dropped 90% overnight?

Let’s pretend I don’t know anything laughs nervously

Thanks

https://www.asktraders.com/analysis/hammerson-share-price-crashes-92-heres-why/

1 Like

Thanks.

It’s not coming back is it :frowning:

It’s a shame the UK Gov just took the nuclear option, because I doubt that trade deal is happening for a while…

Well, for Hammerson in particular, the trade deal should not have much impact even if it gets done quickly. If that’s your investment angle, you’re really clutching at straws :wink:

1 Like

This wasn’t a secret

Maths on the rights issue and massive capital reorganisation suggests an ex rights price about 24/25/26p (vague as I’m doing it with massive roundings)… and thats about where it is.

So now you’ve got some rights and some other hammerson related shares coming your way as part of the corporate action

Have a read of the RNS or wait for a FreeTrade email or a portfolio update… not sure FT will display the Rights in your portfolio… but they might…Rights are awkward… especially if your holding is/was in an ISA

Did FT not send a corporate action notification beforehand? @Markyyys

Still also just maths.

You can’t issue vast amounts of new shares at 15p when your share price was £3… the dilution is massive… in fact it’s about 25p… exactly where the price fell to.

So. Not a secret. Just maths.

1 Like

come on FT… please hurry and share the details on the Rights Issue.

At present the 24:1 HMON shares are about half the rights issue price.

In effect i could double holding by going to market rather than buying my RI

But until FT make it clear how and when RI can be taken up AND/OR how and when you can sell rights then it’s difficult to make considered decisions!

(I know I’ve over simplified the situation… but it’s far too complex to explain fully - I have read the RNS, I do get it, i just know brokers often have different approaches/cut off dates etc so want some clarity from FT)