Harmony Energy 🔋 - HEIT

Hi Chris, I was thinking the same, no movement at all for months. It looks like good things are ahead for the company just don’t understand the lack of movement either.

@J4ckSt4yn3s knows more about this an me but you’re not really buying this stock for May capital appreciation, it’s for a stable investment to deliver a stable dividend stream.

I still hold a small amount but have diverted away from dividends mostly

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, just getting into the swing of things, think I’m looking into long term potential gains than small dividends so will do a bit more research but think I’ll avoid things like this too aswell.

1 Like

I think this will be a slow burn. Like some of the other quarterly dividends such as Greencoats Wind, Next Energy Solar and the like.

If they carry out what they said there should be 2% dividend for 2022 which is while they settle in and from 2023 they plan to do the 8% yield.

I want to have a substantial holding in some reliable quarterly companies just to offset some of my more volatile stocks.

Diversified Energy is one of them but the high yield they offer is a little dampened down by the tax you lose to the US so from what I’m hoping is that Harmony Energy will take their place from 2023 onwards.

Hopefully if they start bring out some more information over time then the share price will start reflecting this I’d be happy to see it reach 1.20-1.30 but that is not based on anything other than looking as similar funds.

2 Likes

I’ll add q few quid here and their seems stable

This is a long play of 2-3 years and if it works it’ll build an inflation busting income.

2 Likes

I’ll pretend I know what that means haha

1 Like

Building a nice income stream from a stable dividend is something older investors look for typically. That said returning 8% (which unless something really bad happens) will always be above inflation (current around 5%)

Would be nice tbh.

1 Like

Shit, so I’m an old investor now? When did that happen!

I think this is going to be my next buy & shoot for the long haul.

1 Like

HEIT is raising funds at 100p - closes in 7 days. On Primary Bid but maybe other platforms too.

1 Like

Investor presentation:

1 Like

Thanks for posting that, interesting to see what the trust is actually doing. Hopeful that the ban on on shore wind is lifted soon. Should make a massive difference to their bottom line.

A mention in IC yesterday alongside GSF. The investment trusts most likely to get bought out - Investors' Chronicle

1 Like

What is the likely outcome for investors if they are bought out?

1 Like

It’s hard to say with certainty in the absence of an offer, but it’s likely you’ll end up with shares or cash.

With only a £200m-ish marketcap and an 18% discount, I think this is the most likely of the energy storage trusts to be taken over.

It could merge with one of the other renewable energy infrastructure trusts, or GSF to create a competitor on a par with GRID size-wise.

There’s 20-odd trusts in this sector which is far too many. It’s no wonder it took me two-three years to decide which ones I wanted to buy!

1 Like

Anyone got any idea why the share price has dropped drastically? I can’t find any information online.
Thank you

1 Like

I think some US warning about green stock being over valued, I think everything looks good for them and business looking good only issue I can think of is battery prices could go up? Anyway I brought some more when price dipped, all though now it’s gone down a bit more

There are discussions on the boards of the other energy storage trusts:

HEIT may have to cut it’s dividend or delay construction (as I can’t see them raising more money). Unlike GORE, HEIT and GRID have no overseas assets to see them through the trough in UK energy markets. I’ve also read some have concerns about possible conflict of interest between HEIT and Harmony. Harmony is HEIT’s exclusive developer at the moment and several of their directors are investment advisors for HEIT. It’s not hard to see the potential problems with this situation and after the trouble over at Hipgnosis investors are probably pulling the plug in case there are any shenanigans.