Hochschild Mining plc HOC

This mining firm operates gold and silver mines in North, Central and South America.

I believe they have a quality mine for rear earth but the price was driven up by the silver craze across the pond.

Yes this is true however their new heavy rare earths project in Chile named Aclara looks very promising and has a positive PEA! I like the idea of buying and holding :heavy_check_mark:

Did any one receive shares of Aclara resources that was given as a special gift by HOC?

1 Like

No not had mine yet have you ?
Have emailed but no reply as yet !

I got mine, although they show a zero balance as they’ve not actually listed them yet.

1 Like

Yeah I got mine now and yes can’t do anything with them ?

Has anyone had any recent update from Freetrade on these shares?

A tad unfair that i bought some and now cant do anything with them becuase of (what i understand) a problem/limitation on their side

Hi @Jimmymac87

There ain’t anything posted in this thread. What issue are you referring to?

@NeilB I think this is what @Jimmymac87 is referring to

2 Likes

Ah I see and completely agree this must be very frustrating. As a newer broker Freetrade are having to build everything from scratch, and this takes time. They have an office in Vancouver & the CEO is a proud Canadian, so I have no doubt it’ll come but they haven’t committed to any targets so far as I’ve seen.

Yep, thats it.

Like @Bugsy1 said, cant do anything with them, just sat at zero in the account. Its been months.

It is worth remembering that Freetrade is an execution only broker. It doesn’t buy from you or sell to you and it doesn’t give advice - you carry all the risks associated with your investment. Here, Hochschild Mining, a LSE traded company, decided to demerge and this was effected by shareholders getting dividend shares on a completely different exchange**. Obviously this is a great frustration for many shareholders.

These new shares are held in custody. So although you can’t instruct Freetrade to sell them can you instruct Freetrade to transfer them to another broker which does execute orders on the TSE? Have you contacted hello@freetrade.io to confirm? If you can do this, then you should contact another broker that accepts partial transfers and it will do the transferring leg work for you.

** Knowing well that no broker, that I am aware of, carries out trades on every exchange in the world.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve contacted Freetrade several times over the past months and been advised theyre trying to come up with a solution

1 Like