How you like to analyse your portfolio? And why?

Hey, I am doing a UX case study on optimising the layout of the portfolio and insights tab in Freetrade. I have already conducted a short survey and would now like to know why you value being able to easily understand and analyse the structure and growth of your portfolios! :slight_smile: Thanks! I will share the results of the case study when im finished.

1 Like

This might sound like a strange design suggestion, but what does everyone think about having individual interchangeable progress graphs; representing the sectors, as shown in Freetarde insights? Seeing a separate graphs could make it easier to track sector progress, rather than just the sector percentage portfolio breakdown. Not sure if this is needed/wanted and/or just adding more UX work. :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

I don’t think this sounds like a strange suggestion at all, in fact I’d be for it. Of course, FT currently has bigger fish to fry currently but what you suggested definitely sounds like an interesting tool / insight that I would look forward to and could be a good FT Plus feature.

I am not really sure I understand the original question posted though. Why do I want to be able to easily understand my portfolio? If I look at my bank account I don’t want to have to solve quadratic equations to know how much is in there, so being able to understand anything easily and at a glance is a positive. Can you rephrase it / what’s your aim? (Not trying to be difficult I just genuinely don’t know how to answer your question)

1 Like

Hi Koni, I’ve rephrased the question so it makes a bit more sense!

As a minimum, the portfolio analysis required is the reporting suite offered by Trading212 - net bank transactions, dividends, realised & unrealised gains/losses.

As a significant improvement on your competitor Free commission apps - Revolut, Stake, eToro (,Robinhood?) et al - then Insights shd provide a portfolio X-Ray ie by region, sector, stock (not just 100% ETFs which is pointless).

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it “analyse”, I’d call it “glance” and I would say it doesnt provide a lot of slicing options to look at.
I don’t think I clicked “insights” tab more than once.

Funnily I usually look at yahoo finance app to see how my portfolio is doing today.

3 Likes

I want to be able to see the growth of my investments without my deposits interfering. Show me the £ and % gain over different time periods. The current graph is ruined when you deposit any significant amount of money, especially if you deposit regularly.

2 Likes

I’d like annotations on the portfolio graph of individual shares to easily see when I bought and sold a particular share.

4 Likes

Hi Hannah, as a bit of a noob to trading and FT, I find myself glancing at the ‘Portfolio’ tab a lot - perhaps a bit too often… As there is a fair amount of US stock in my portfolio, I can see the £value of the portfolio and individual stocks bounce up and down because of the currency rate change (rather than a change in stock price). I would value a ‘Latest FX’ somewhere at the top of that tab. I accept this it’s not really ‘analysis’, but useful nonetheless.
I caveat this suggestion with the fact that I am relatively new to this and it may be I’m focussing on a number that decreases in importance with more experience.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.