If all your positions got sold right now would you re-buy it?

A bit of a random mental gymnastics.

I find it to be a useful exercise, especially if your holdings are in ISA.
Personally I am not sure if I would re-buy because everything ran up so much, but in the same time I am not selling which seems illogical.

7 Likes

Really interesting question and definitely a useful exercise I want to conduct regularly now I have done it.

Currently I would rebuy everything in my portfolio. Feels strange as I didn’t expect to when initially thinking about it, but I have complete faith in everything I am holding for the long term.

You’re saying if I sold a load of my holdings to theoretically plough into a meme stock/cultural revolution, then the market as a whole fell, would I go back and buy them all back at a discount?

Yep probably :joy:

The one thing I don’t like is that my FT individual stock %p/l would reset, but I guess that’s just aesthetic.

I don’t really think that it’s helpful to ask that. You have much more information now, so your choice would be heavily influenced by hindsight bias. Hindsight bias is an incredibly strong bias, so I wouldn’t lose sleep over why I did something back in the day when I’ve got the jnformation that I have today.

2 Likes

These are four I hold that have a long long way to go, I couldn’t be without them and would have to buy them back at current prices

Gfinity - #GFIN
Power Metals - #POW
Escape Hunt - #ESCE
Tirupati Graphite - #TGR

Not sure I understand what you mean.

You have X money in the market in stock A, B, C.
If you had X cash instead of ABC today would you still buy ABC because ABC will net you best return on investment or would you buy DEF?
If you would rather buy DEF then you should sell ABC immediately, right? (assuming there are no tax implications or penalty for selling)

1 Like

You’re saying if I sold a load of my holdings to theoretically plough into a meme stock/cultural revolution, then the market as a whole fell, would I go back and buy them all back at a discount?

No. I mean today, if instead of the stocks you had cash equivalent, would you still buy those same stocks today.

I rebought into several yesterday when it was possible. GGP, Global Clean Energy, ITM, apple, lemonade. Couldn’t get the Tesla dip which is a shame but oh well.

1 Like

I love LMND - it’s the one I load up every month on without even looking at the price. When they get their teeth into the new juicy markets … it’s a good feeling that!

I get emotionally attached to looking at my stocks with +2/3/400% gains :joy:

Had to sell and rebuy some recently and it was depressing.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.