iShares Global Clean Energy ETF - INRG

Well I went and dipped into this again today. Already down 1%. Hoping to hold for more than a few hours this time. :joy:

3 Likes

Clean Energy is the future, this has to be a win long term. Not to mention you are investing in something positive at a time where humanity has passed the point of no return. It has taken a hit, but I’m optimistic long term for sure.

4 Likes

I totally agree. This is a good longterm investment. Just concerning when you look at the chart and see how much it has fallen. I’m thinking it looks like it may have increased too quickly in December and January and has pulled back some of those gains. I’ve only bought 10 shares but would like to double that when I feel comfortable enough.

Bought the dip at 10.47 the other day, I think we really need this rebalancing if I’m honest.

Plug Power just released their year end results and it seems to be good news :confetti_ball: I’d expect this ETF to start climbing back up again https://s21.q4cdn.com/824959975/files/doc_financials/2020/q4/Q4-YE-Investor-Letter-formatted-FINAL2.pdf

2 Likes

Try telling the plug power share price that, it’s dropping again :man_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

By the looks of this chart, it does need rebalancing

2 Likes

Ormat have just been hit by a short report

Looks like 3% of INRG so shouldn’t hit too hard hopefully.

1 Like

Another bad day after a slight rise yesterday.

1 Like

Or to spin it the other way, the dip seems to have stopped and it’s now 2% up over the last 7 days :smile:

2 Likes

Good point! Maybe I should be more half full not half empty

@AdamL @Luno15

Check the monthly one and the weekly one also look at volume below.

I would take a good look at support at 10gbp see if it holds.
The graph is in % but if you look at the one below in gbp.

If it does then good news if it does not then it can potentially become the new resistance and the downtrend can continue.

This is just an observation, no one can predict the markets. Nor should you try to do so.

2 Likes

I’m hoping they get the other Clean Energy ETF onto FT. If they do and it is available for non-Plus members I think I’ll switch to that one as it has 100+ holdings, so more diversified and in theory better balanced than this one at the moment.

4 Likes

It’s Invesco so it will definitely be part of the free tier.

1 Like

That sounds good actually :crossed_fingers:t2:

Ah, that’s great news. :slight_smile:

I’m tempted to switch to that one

I’ll will be switching once(if) it’s on. Hopefully wont be long. Will be selling this at a loss though if price stays same

Has FT said it is coming? I’d also considering migrating - but over time, in the hope any current losses are forfeit.

1 Like

I’m not sure they have, but there is a request thread that we can use to vote for it

2 Likes