Indeed, was my first freetrade share. Stands at 143% from May. Like you, shame I didn’t allocate more to it. Considered it a bit risky at the time
lol Same!, was one of the first few I bought when dipping my toes into FT. Was a little sleeper stock but it has sprung to life now it seems, wish I had more too!
They’re still making some shrewd project decisions increasing their copper recovery projects. It’s probably fairly priced but with a return on equity north of 20% and growth still strong it’s still a good hold for me
A superb set of financials released given the year its been
Will be interesting to see what/if future projects can be brought on board to keep fuelling the growth!
Strong performance at the moment. Market is recognising it in the price too.
Dropped 20% in the last two days, but unable to find any news to give any reasoning behind this.
It ran up extremely quickly in the previous week, like +50% so I think was just a case of being overbought.
I don’t really know what news triggered the big run up though (maybe just macro trends, copper price rise?) would be good if anyone does know more. I’ll be honest this stock was a bit of a gamble, I don’t really know much beyond it’s core operations and goals - I just wanted to add another bit of copper exposure.
If I had to guess, it looks like an institutional investor(s) bought up a block of shares that pushed the shares well into the over bought zone (RSI). The shares are now just settling back a bit and this is to be expected and fine. Having recently reviewed the company performance and future plans, my view is that everything looks fine and I am very bullish about their future.
Tbh, I’m quite grateful for the pull back as the prices for both copper & PGM’s still look good and so I am now going to buy some more of these shares for cheaper than I was expecting. All good.
DYOR, etc. and stay safe out there.
Jubilee have today announced their Interim results for the period up to the end of last year.
- Jubilee attributable earnings (i) for the six-month period increased sharply by 212%, to a record £ 30.9 million (ZAR 656 million) (ii) (2019: £ 9.9 million (ZAR 170.4 million)), driven mainly by increased operational output with PGM production surging by 34 % and increased metal prices over the period (iii) Adjusted EBITDA (iv) for the six-month period increased by 237 % to £ 29.3 million (ZAR 622 million) (2019: £ 8.7 million (ZAR 150 million))
- Basic earnings per share for the six-month period increased by 160% to 0.91 pence (ZAR 19.21 cents) (2019: 0.35 pence (ZAR 6.09 cents))
- Revenue increased 110% to £ 53.4 million (ZAR 1.1 billion) (2019: £ 25.4 million (ZAR 439.4 million))
- Operating profit increased sharply by 355% to £ 25.5 million (ZAR 541 million) (2019: £ 5.6 million (ZAR 97.7 million))
- Cash generated from operations before movements in working capital increased by 265% to £ 28.8 million (ZAR 611.4 million) (2019: £ 7.9 million (ZAR 136.3 million)) (v)
- The Group balance sheet strengthened further on the back of the strong operational performance, with total assets at £152.9 million (ZAR 3.1 billion), up from £ 131 million (ZAR 2.8 billion) at the end of June 2020, total equity increasing by 21.3% to £ 114 million (ZAR 2.3 billion), for the same period, maintaining a high 75% equity ratio (30 June 2020: 72 %)
- Cash and cash equivalents stood at £ 9.8 million (ZAR 195 million), with short term assets covering a healthy 301% of short-term liabilities compared to 235 % at 30 June 2020
Reading the results, for a brief moment I completely forgot that they achieved this growth during a pandemic.
Onwards and upwards…
Some interesting reading for any fellow JLP investors or followers…
Wow those projections are something. And I was considering selling as I wasn’t convinced by the “supercycle” narrative. Do still think PGM shortage cannot last with electrification so will eventually sell unless they shift predominantly to copper.
Sailed past 400% gain on this one today (I have a very very very small position). Outstanding performance in the last 12-15 months.
I just hit 405% too, so must have got in at the same time. Wish I’d been a bit braver with my original stake now - hindsight is a wonderful thing
If I could pick a super power, 100% I’d pick Hindsight.
Sounds like I got into this a little later than some as I’m only up around 121% to date. However, based on the company plans and continued strong growth, this feels like it has a lot further to run.
Not an exciting stock to watch, but I do love the way that the team keep delivering growth and how this is resulting in the share price just grinding higher.
There has been talk of Jubilee potentially introducing a dividend from next year onwards and so that’s also something to keep an eye out for.
Onwards and upwards…
This week has been a great little surge into the 20’s after what has already been a tremendous 12 months, although I’d expect it to pull back slightly next week.
The RNS stating they are expanding into Cyprus shows how much potential there is for the years to come. That coupled with what should be a great 6 monthly financials in July and it all looks really promising, well done to Leon and the team .
Easily the best performer in my portfolio but it’ll still be a while yet until I top slice!
Same, normally I’d take profits as what was originally a small gamble has turned into a reasonable position and as I’ve made no attempt at calculating the intrinsic value I honestly have no idea if this is worth £450m.
However this ticker isn’t in our compliance system so I have no idea how I’m going to get approval to trade, for better or worse I might be in this for the long haul
Couple more RNS’s on acquired tailings which will hopefully keep the SP solid as we wait for the Annual results in July.
Currently 4.2% up for the day. As you say, hopefully this keeps the SP stable until July’s results.
For any other fellow Jubilee investors that have been waiting patiently like myself, the highly anticipated results are finally here…