Legal and General - LGEN

They want to more than double the dividend by 2024

5 Likes

What @NeilB says :laughing:

3 Likes

I want a Ferrari :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Unfortunately it looks like there is a misunderstanding here. The dividends are not doubling. What that is saying is that they are on target for their cumulative 5 year target: have paid out £2.5 billion since 2020 and they will pay out from now to 2024 £3.1-3.4 billion. You can deduce from that they have progressive dividend policy but they don’t specify exactly what the increase is per year (rough calculation suggests about 5% p.a).

8 Likes

It’s cumulative dividends so that was their goal for a total payout over the 5 years. They are aiming for around 5% dividend growth

8 Likes

Yep @bitflip & @Rob208 are right, I’ll take the L here. Shame I was already planning on … reinvesting the dividends!

6 Likes

I prefer mine & Neil’s interpretation :moneybag:

But its good that they are aiming to raise the future dividend. Nice core dividend stock :+1:

6 Likes

Believe me when I say I prefer your interpretation too.

7 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ask your beginners questions here :hatching_chick:

I just sold mine. My average from last year was 2.72 gbp. It is likely that I will buy back when they drop again. If not I will look somewhere else.

1 Like

They normally fall on exdivided day although not necessarily finish the day lower.
Last time they drifted a fair bit lower after ex dividend day.
Tomorrow night i will note down the highs and lows for the day and set a limit order to sell the following day. I will sell the ones in my sipp which include the ones i bought for 242 but not the ones i bought for 166p they are in gia and isa.
Assuming a sale happens i will then set a limit order to buy back on exdivided day. So the price needs to be more than 8p lower (the dividend is 8p)
But i have not yet decided wherever i want to buy back so i will set a very greedy buy back price.
If it dont bite then i will buy some more …probably private equity investment trusts. Probably!

1 Like

Dividend is 5.44p to be precise

1 Like

Correct looking at a different company.

Well no chance of sale at the greedy 290p limit order. Just have to take the dividend.

Dividend payments today right ? Anyone received it yet ?

1 Like

Payment date is today but this could be delayed for a number of days due to slower processing by freetrade for the moment

1 Like

Received the L&G one today

Received the payment but no notification

1 Like

I have both payment and notification

1 Like

Payment and notification:)

1 Like