FirstGroup plc FGP

Firstgroup is a transport operator based in the UK, US and Canada focussing mainly on bus and rail franchises.

1 Like

Thanks for your insightful feedback.

2 Likes

anyone know where these are headed, any information is helpful :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Since I went in back in June last year I’m up 122% so I am delighted. When public transport gets back to some more normality I’d say these still have room to increase

1 Like

Almost 15% down. Most from the point lockdown eased.
Let’s hope confidence increases over next few months. Only lose when selling at a loss :worried:

1 Like

Don’t think we will see any gains for at least a year

FirstGroup agreed sale of First Student Inc and First Tansit divisions in North America.

2 Likes

This can go one of two ways, Cliche I know :joy:, but certainly makes me want to keep hold of these for the medium term :+1:

3 Likes

If anything I’m thinking of buying a few more shares :thinking: Just don’t know how long it will continue to drop haha

3 Likes

Looking at past performance it could drop a lot more. Time to buy? I bought a few anyway. @Bcerohc

2 Likes

Sell off of the two US companies by FirstGroup might be seen as loss of diversity in the group (I don’t know if they were earners or liability). Maybe share price will increase when confidence grows in an improving home market and changes for the future are set in place. I’m no analyst. @Bcerohc @Big-g

3 Likes

I certainly wouldn’t advise people to buy but I think it will gain me 10% over the year but I may pull out at that mark if it doesn’t look better long term.

1 Like

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/firstgroup-plc-sale-first-student-060000390.html

2 Likes

@Big-g simplywall.st forecast FGrp revenue to go up into 2022 but trailing off after that, though earnings remaining about the same throughout. Growth expected about 1.4%pa - below market. Currently unprofitable but cash in hand will keep the company going the next 3 years.

2 Likes

:+1:I’m on a 40% swing up since last autumn and still in a bit of a mini-dip so confident it will go another 10% in next month or so.

Obviously not advice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like
1 Like

Full year 2021 earnings released: EPS UK£0.039 (vs UK£0.27 loss in FY 2020)
The company reported a decent full year result with improved earnings and profit margins, although revenues were weaker.

Full year 2021 results:

• Revenue: UK£4.64b (down 40% from FY 2020).
  • Net income: UK£46.7m (up UK£373.9m from FY 2020).
  • Profit margin: 1.0% (up from net loss in FY 2020). The move to profitability was driven by lower expenses.

Over the last 3 years on average, earnings per share has increased by 23% per year but the company’s share price has fallen by 2% per year, which means it is significantly lagging earnings.
~ SimplyWallSt

What are people’s thoughts on Lumo?