Matched betting

what are peoples experienced with matched betting, just getting back into it and was wondering if people had ideas?

Been doing it over 3 years and thereā€™s still money to be made - a lot if you want to put the time into it.

Harder than it used to be, say, 5-6 years ago but itā€™s still a great side hustle.

Anyone ever done any arbitrage betting? Maybe itā€™s not possible because the odds are all too close

If you use a tool like oddsmonkey, itā€™s farily easy to find arb bets, but the trouble is the bookies limit your account the first sign you know what you are doing.

I made about Ā£15k in one year but my online accounts were gubbed and shops stopped offering me coupon prices. The next season sharbs were a lot rarer so I havenā€™t bothered since

There is money to be made from arbing, even from gubbed accounts.

Some bookies offer minimum bet guarantee on certain races (class 1 & 2) so thereā€™s decent money to be made if you can put in the time.

This guy is genuine (I havenā€™t met him but my friend has) - heā€™s currently hoping to ā€œengineer his redundancyā€ so he can do MB full-time.

Heā€™s produced an arbing course and has an active FB page for subscribers.

Yeah i guess the worry I had is that with Oddsmonkey and platforms like that a lot of the bets they recommend are often such weird bets that a couple of my accounts seem to get gubbed straight away. Is there a way to only bet on more mainstream matches or races?

I only bet on horses and football and ignore all the other offers.

fair enough, I just find that when they suggest slovakian second tier football its a massive yellow flag

Even just sticking to mainstream sports doesnā€™t necessarily mean that the bookies donā€™t gub you in the end.

Just today, Betfred have gubbed me, by which I mean I canā€™t get any free bets from their offers any more. Again, I have only ever done a few football and horse bets with them, hardly hammering their offers.

They just donā€™t like it when you win!

Yeah its ridiculous isnt it - last week I got gubbed after my first bet on a new account!

What have you found to be your best tactics to avoid this, I had a google round but couldnt find much? I saw something about betconnect being good for those with closed account but that was to be a pro and not really what I am

Getting gubbed after just one bet is ridiculous!

As youā€™ve mentioned, backing Slovakian second tier football might be a flag, although if youā€™re betting in-play, it could be seen as a ā€˜spur of the momentā€™ punt.

From my experience, Iā€™ve found that accounts which only have football bets done on them keep the longest, ie I have a couple of accounts where I only place bets on the major European leagues and nothing else.

As mentioned previously, thereā€™s no guarantee that any sort of tactic will save you from a gubbing, Iā€™m just waiting for the inevitable on those accounts I guess!

One thing I do with gubbed accounts which arenā€™t too restricted is EW betting on horses, which has a risk of losing you some money so not true MB. Or arbing (not what I do currrently as too time consuming).

Yeah thats very true about the in-play.

I think I might do similar with saving a couple of accounts just for my more mainstream football bets and then at least I can keep those going.

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Anyone here had any experience with Profit Accumulator?

I have - I think they were offering 30 days free, or 30 days for Ā£1, so I signed up. If youā€™ve not done matched betting before, the tutorials are really easy and help you understand exactly how it works.

I think I made about Ā£300 profit before it all dried up. This was about a year ago.

1 Like

The initial period is much easier when you have all the welcome offers but once you get the reload offers going you can still make a lot. As long as you can keep your accounts openā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve been matched betting for over 3 years. Can still manage to make on average Ā£300 a month from reloads (ie not signing up offers) but it does take effort, hence profits can be a bit lumpy, depending on how much time I have spare.

Do you just wait for them to email you with offers? I barely get anything through. Are you placing random bets to keep them from gubbing your account?

also how many hours a month do you try and spend on it? finding the time is what i struggle with most

I use OddsMonkey, which is similar to Profit Accumulator. I actively check OMā€™s Daily Offer Calendar for offers and yes, I sometimes jump on offers which are mailed to me.

Iā€™ve found that placing random/mug bets doesnā€™t really stop your account from getting gubbed, so donā€™t bother any more.