Megathread - šŸ”„ Dividend Fest šŸ”„

You will receive an app notice (youā€™ve received investment income! or similar) plus an email to advise that you have received one, it will also show in the activity (the date will show as the actual dividend pay date).

1 Like

Just allow a few days for it to be processed, longer for US stocks typically.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Is there any list of companies who pays dividends?

See here for starters :money_with_wings::

Type ā€˜dividendsā€™ in search bar & see what else you find,

4 Likes

Just asking to see what peopleā€™s good dividends pay?
Anybody like to share there little wins :thinking:
Or any future promising ones
Iā€™ll start!
Recently added

$main $40 buy price, 0,215c monthly 6.3%
$DEA $19 Buy price ,0.265c quarterly 5.6%
$GLAD $12 Buy price , 0.06c monthly 6.4%

This is my big boy stock and going nowhere
$O Ā£68 buy price, 0.247c monthly 4.4%

Have plenty other stocks with divs bit the page would be massive :rofl:

Please add and share if like to :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Esp @NeilB @Optimisery @Emmie

Letā€™s creat a nice little ā€œ0ooh friendsā€ chat :rofl:

4 Likes

Henderson Far East Income (HFEL), buy price Ā£2.97, Ā£31.80 quarterly 7.8%
Legal & General (LGEN), buy price Ā£2.28, Ā£78.16 bi-annually 7.4%
New City High Yield Fund (NCYF), buy price Ā£0.54, Ā£21.12 quarterly 8.1%
NextEnergy Solar Fund (NESF), buy price Ā£1.10, Ā£17.21 quarterly, 6.4%

All UK, so no US tax.

Obviously not recommendations to buy, but I hold these

13 Likes

I owe 2 of them already NESF and lLGEN

As for the penny share and getting That much that is quite amazing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: just check it up and itā€™s had 5-7 years of increased Divi so well done on finding yourself a little gem (NCYF)

Thanks for sharing you story @weenie
Welcome to the chat :grinning:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got the following:

Apple 0.5%
Kainos Group 1.83%
Savills 3.14%
ContourGlobal 6.88%
Ishares Europe ex-UK 1.9%
Softcat 1.52%
Glencore 4.32%
Rightmove 1.27%
Legal and General 7.37%
Blackrock World Mining 6.14%

Iā€™ve mapped out all the payments and Iā€™m receiving something each month except January and July. Going to add Gladstone Capital and Sainsburyā€™s next month to cover that and Iā€™ll then have dividend income each month. Interested to see what others have as Iā€™m always keen to add!

4 Likes

Try these companies, and one trust (TRIG)

MPLX 7-8% (quarterly divs)
WLKP 7-8% (quarterly divs)
EFC 10% (monthly divs)
PFLT (monthly divs)
LGEN 7.4%
CEY 7.9%
ADM 11%
BHP 7%
RIO 10%
TRIG 5% (quarterly divs)

Iā€™m long on all of these, and others of course.

4 Likes

Is TRIG a trust? :thinking: Didnā€™t know That! Heard a lot of people hate on TRIG but itā€™s always seems decent dividend payer just because itā€™s not a massive growth share :relieved:

2 Likes

In terms of stocks specifically for their dividends I hold two for the long term which work for what Iā€™m personally happy with at the moment

UK Wind (UKW) and Scottish American (SAIN)

UKW has had low but steady growth for a infrastructure trust along side itā€™s usual dividend of around 5% currently. UKW also has one of the lowest fees for green infrastructure trusts

SAIN mixes goals of reasonable long term growth with a low but what should be sustainable dividend even through downturns of around 2.5% currently

6 Likes

I donā€™t understand. Why do they hate this entity so much? I should understand hating Putin, but not an investment trust that invests in renewables. What awful actions did the management take?

3 Likes

I donā€™t really have many dividend stocks.

L&G Iā€™ve been in & out off ā€¦ I think its getting to another nice buy in price.

Most recently I got a very nice div from Nestle ā€¦ But that was outside of :freetrade:ā€¦ Cause freetrade doesnā€™t yet have it.

Get a bit from REITs Segro & Warehouseā€¦ But picked them more for growth over dividends.

2 Likes

Totally agree with you, bit if looked at the trig group chat itā€™s like they donā€™t pay enough thereā€™s lots of extra fees? I personality thought it was always a winner hench why we are all here :thinking::rofl:

1 Like

Sounded like it was to do with lack of ā€˜growthā€™ in share price. But this is common for infrastructure shares. I think thereā€™s a particular reason around this but I canā€™t remember exactly why.

Id be more concerned with LGENs high dividend and stagnant share price. it should be a growing company. But these companies often have lots of other issues that put them in that kind of situation

3 Likes

LGEN is back to its level it was 5 years ago, but the dividend wasnā€™t so high back then so could be an entry point again for people Iā€™ll be holding maybe topping up!

Thatā€™s my personal objective this isnā€™t investment advice :smiley:

2 Likes

TRIG fees arenā€™t actually that bad, around 1% (currently 0.97% for 2021), for a renewable infrastructure trust its on the low side similar to UKW. For the ETF investors where the fee is the top thing thatā€™s really high, but for a focused green infra trust, its not. its not uncommon to see others at 1.1, 1.2% or more

4 Likes

JGGI is my main dividend payer at about 3%. Like SAIN, it tries to provide long-term growth and a reliable income. I also hold the following for exposure to mining, debt, property and infrastructure:

BRWM, 6%
NCYF, 8%
TRY, 3%
TRIG, 5%

4 Likes

My portfolio has mostly concentrated on UK stocks for a number of reasons. Two dividend aristocrats I would especially mention (with the usual caveat of this not being advice and doing your own research) are Persimmon and Admiral Group. They are both over 10% dividend yield and Admiral have done a special dividend payable in June (ex-dividend date was today) which means that my 50 shares will net me over Ā£50! Persimmonā€™s per share payout in July will be Ā£1.10!

There are also a lot of smaller and cheaper companies such as Jupiter Fund Management PLC and Centamin Gold Mining that I put money into every month and have high dividends and (in my view) good future prospects.

3 Likes