MEGATHREAD: Freetrade Plus :plus_:

You really need an ISDA for this (as per the film) and so have to qualify via minimum capital etc. in order to trade in long-term options.

1 Like

I would sign up if there was some of the below:

• reduced FX fee (transferwise fee is 0.37%?)
  • LISA
  • Autopilot
  • Multi Currency Accounts
  • deeper insights into stocks
16 Likes

Multi currency accounts would be great. I’d really rather not have my balance in GBP£ given the circumstances/upcoming events.

7 Likes

Posts like yours do not bring anything to the table and are same as going to the early days Tesla’s forum and ranting about similar gasoline cars being cheaper.

1. The more successful investing platforms there are in the market the better off is the consumer.

2. Investing long-term with a platform where the fee structure in a couple of years time is unclear might turn out to be a bad financial decision.

3. When you are not paying anything - you are the product

Can you share, please, any features you would like to see in the Plus that will make you consider becoming a paying customer?

14 Likes

What do you mean, you can trade long term options (assuming you mean LEAPs etc…) on the exchange.

Agree with all 3 of your highlights they’re definitely true but the Tesla forum comparison is way off.

The average person has no concerns for CO2 emissions of their cars because that’s just the way it is, the world has a long long way to go before we’re all driving affordable EVs.
Human ignorance for the impact of their existence or the choices they choose to make will always prevail and always has done throughout history.
Not that it’s right or wrong but I’d say everyone can make a judgement call on their moral choices, some more extreme than others.

In the same respect, I’d argue that the average private investor has no concerns for the underlying practices of the broker / platform when it won’t affect their bottom line investment portfolio.
FT could run ads on the app, loan my shares to the market, have a CFD option for their customers and so on and so on.

Ultimately we are all here to gain a return and in my eyes. As long as it doesn’t cost me too much money to do so in the process, Freetrade can do whatever they need to in order for the costs to not be siphoned from our pockets.

IMO.

Features I’d suggest as requested:

Investment Pools - a selection of your long term holdings which you commit to regularly investing it based on a percentage contribution broken down equally between your choices.
Saves time and effort trying to balance yourself out in your holdings and keeps track of your overall gain in one location.

Unbalanced Withdrawal Lead Time - it takes a considerable amount of time to convert a sale of your assets into withdrawal funds. If this lead time could be reduced somehow, I have no idea how it works but it would benefit customers to have access to their cash faster for whatever reason they see fit.

Detailed Company Information - things such as annual reports results, debt to asset ratios, EPS and P/E ratios, traded volumes of the stock on that day by FT customers, buy vs sell sentiment from FT customers - all being available as quantifiable information on the stocks profile.

Real Time Notifications - set pricing alerts on your investments if they fall below a certain price or soar past a price you’re willing to sell at but you don’t want to set a stop loss or take profit.

Live Pricing with representational disclaimer - display an additional price level based on the prices actioned on the last 5 orders in the last 10 seconds (something along those lines, there’s likely a more optimal way of finding the price)
I forever have to go to another pricing source to find the true current market price for my position rather than within the FT app and I know that LSE data feed prices are extortionate so this should help to sidestep this.

The price however should be listed as a representational price of historic trades from positions bought or sold in the last X seconds from FT customers and isn’t a guaranteed order price.

6 Likes

LEAPs are just big standard options but with a longer term horizon. I’m really referring to foreign exchange and interest rate swaps etc. rather than share and index options.

Yeah I think that is all they were asking for though, I think they just wanted a mechanism to short equities, not swaps specifically.

I think the £9.99 per month fee does not offer value for money. The limit order and expanded stock universe is offered as standard by most of the discounted brokers. For this price I would expect:

1. The FX fee of 0.45% removed
  2. Access to almost all US and UK stocks and big names from HK/Japan/Singapore/Austraila/Europe
  3. Better charting tools and research
  4. Auto-investing feature
  5. Access through web browser
  6. Multi currency account
20 Likes

Looking forward to getting my hand on Plus!

Would love to see ASX, TSE & micro AIM stocks listed.

Other brokers will always come along and offer X,Y,Z features for free. I’d rather Freetrade kept profitability in mind rather than a race to the bottom with questionable competitors.

7 Likes

Looking forward to hearing about plus access. Agree with alot of comments here about the overall value of the offering at the moment.

What I would say is that the people getting access at the moment are very early investors in freetrade that the company seem to be saying will be also providing feedback until full roll out to everyone else.

In that time, alot can change and hopefully by the time people are able to start paying for it, more compelling features will have been added.

Some of the suggestions here are a big winner in my book.

SIPP for instance along with a reduced fx fee would both be great and on those two alone I think would represent value to what’s already suggested.

Now if freetrade plus could talk to monzo plus on roundups and auto deposits then frankly freetrade, shut up and take my money.

21 Likes

Would love this

4 Likes

Here’s to hoping both Monzo and Freetrade realise the potential…

2 Likes

If you like that, take a look at the background for the Plus page :wink:

5 Likes

For me it’s all about the sipps. If freetrade can find a way to include sipps in this premium for £9.99 long run. The premium accounts will be a guaranteed success I think.

16 Likes

I did, and I had to sit in the fridge for 10 minutes to cool off :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Eagerly waiting to get handson + account. Did all alpha users got the + account?

I reckon it’s more than ethical. If and when the regulator decide CFDs are bad and the money dries up, a lot of what is free now might go away.

7 Likes

Having stocks behind a paywall are a big disappointment. Will those companies overtime be added for anyone to invest into, or strictly behind the paywall for the long term?
Also if i invest in a company that is exclusive to the Plus account, and then unsubscribe from the Plus account, what impact does that have on me selling those stocks (i’m assume none, but just looking for some clarity).

I think the idea of having certain markets behind the paywall makes more sense than certain stocks.

The other features included seem fair, but it not enough for me to sign up.

Few things that would get me to sign up for a Plus account:

• includes SIPP
  • reduced FX
  • multi-currency account
  • increased/no limit on topping up account via apple pay
16 Likes

For me the biggest concern is how good the standard offering is - for free.

I’d love to see a reduced/zero Forex rate personally.

Personally, I think I’d cap the number of free trades non Plus members get if I wanted to boost the numbers of subscribers.

1 Like