MEGATHREAD: Limit Orders

I remember seeing people wanting more limit orders so glad this is there for them and fills that need.

Exporting data and statements ā€¦ (I have a whole thread on it) :smile:

Hey @JamesBell

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: MEGATHREAD: Freetrade SIPP

Thanks @Freetrade_Team, but with all due respect thereā€™s been a lot in progress for the last couple of yearsā€¦ and ā€œin progressā€ isā€¦ wellā€¦ ā€œin progressā€.

The speed of shipping product is simply too slow for a company the size and maturity of FT and perhaps this is due to hiring the CPO from an incumbent brokerā€¦ :man_shrugging:t2: No ideaā€¦ but it was a controversial hire.

Good luck @JamesBell, Iā€™m sure your experience at Wise will put you in a good position to course correct. From the outside in itā€™s really important that FT continues to focus on delivering impactful product improvements to its customers. Frankly not a lot has changed in the last 2 years and delivering things like ā€˜15 new Belgium stocksā€™ in a month is so low down on most customers wish lists it becomes embarrassing when announcing them.

Hopefully you can represent the voice of the customer and fire up a product roadmap that actually gets the community excited again (not just the CEO/mgmt team)!

3 Likes

Hi there Sam!

How easy would it be to have buy stop limit orders made available?

Itā€™s the only missing piece of the limit order puzzle!

1 Like

I am on the now standard plan (formerly a basic + ISA user), where are limit orders?

Has your first Standard payment been taken yet ?

Do you mean the Ā£3 one or the first increased one?

That one.

You sure? So the ā€œdiscountā€ we get for two months locks us out of advanced functions? Meh!

Same. I can do limit orders though. Have you checked correctly? Thereā€™s an arrow next to ā€˜basic orderā€™ after clicking sell/buy to switch order type.

Why put this here when Iā€™m a basic cheap member and canā€™t use it :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Credit where itā€™s due for FreeTrade, I had a limit order on Haleon for Ā£3.21 and even though it only seemed to touch that price for a short while, it went through and I got a nice sale for about Ā£480. Money I can now put elsewhere since Haleon arenā€™t going to pay dividends for a while.

4 Likes