MEGATHREAD: SPACs šŸ¤

The ā€œNasdaq :whale2:ā€ sorry I mean Softbank are launching a Spac. If it becomes available in the market could we get this please.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-13/softbank-armed-with-billions-in-cash-joins-blank-check-binge

$FEAC please

Two more SPACs are live for everyone right now:

2 Likes

Hey @winnie, this is added now!

1 Like

We would and we will.

1 Like

One more thingā€¦

Gremlin batch is back for more :japanese_ogre:

Two more brand new ā€” and community requested, @nickalmond :wink: ā€” SPACs for everyone have arrived:

Flying Eagle :eagle: $FEAC
Gores Metropoulos :zap: $GMHI

2 Likes

Legend. Thanks!!!

Woo! Thank you Sam!

May be another one where we have to wait a week for warrants to separate but could we get CCIV? It was in @Viktorā€™s original list. Thanks!

How does one decide which spac is a better investment than another?

You donā€™t. Itā€™s a gamble. Best you can do is look at the managementā€™s track record. But then again past performance does not guaranteeā€¦ blahā€¦blahā€¦blah.

1 Like

Is there any way to search/filter just for SPACs? I tried searching ā€œspacā€ but it brought up a lot of things.

Maybe in the ā€œDiscover - See All - All Securitiesā€ there could be a new filter across the top, joining "UK, US, Stock ETFs, Bond ETFs, Stocks"

Or maybe you guys are on this already as part of a bigger overhaul? Itā€™s getting harder to search for things given how many great stocks/etfs/spacs etc that youā€™re adding. I canā€™t keep up!

4 Likes

Please can I request the following SPACs:

Trine Acquisition Corp. (TRNE)
Pivotal Investment Corporation II (PIC)

Weā€™re working on adding both.

2 Likes

Brill, thanks Viktor!!

Viktor, Is it still possible to get the Newborn SPAC (NBAC)?

Hi Sam/Viktor, looking at your original list on this thread was Henessey HCAC added, I canā€™t find it on the App?

And any update on NBAC please? Thank you very much

In light of the increase in SPACs and the interest shown by this amazing community is there anyway we can improve the implementation process? It is very disheartening each day to see the potential missed gains and opportunities.

Some of the frustration experienced may also be due to lack of expectation being set, an occasional update from Comms stating ā€˜Itā€™s on the listā€™ or ā€˜weā€™re on itā€™ is great, but if considerable time then passes after multiple follow-ups, it leads to disappointment.

The IPO Tracker at the moment seems to be just a list and there are many SPACs which have been recently raised that are not reflected. The Tracker could perhaps be updated to become a Dashboard, so that each IPO/SPAC has a status. For example, the options could be:

Awaiting Prioritisation
In Progress
Estimated Go Live Date
Live

This would help to set expectations, reduce the frustration of the unknown and reduce the volume of traffic on this board (and therefore how much the FT team are expected to respond to).

Each time the dashboard is updated there is a notification.

There are reasons for what feels a fractured process at the moment and this is not the purpose of the message, other than we should all recognise the volume of SPACs being raised.

I am not stating this is the ultimate solution, it may simply be the need for additional resource but at this precise moment communication is paramount. Something needs to change quickly that is in line with the opportunities being presented in front of us, otherwise I suspect greater numbers are going to follow those who have sought competitor platforms

I very much hope this makes sense and would value the thoughts of others in this valued community.

Happy Thanksgiving, US market closed this afternoon.

2 Likes

Hi Julian

Thanks a lot for the feedback and ideas, itā€™s appreciated.

We know how much you and many others want new SPACs on your app, and weā€™re working through the process now to make it easier and faster for us to add them. We appreciate it can be frustrating now having access to them as soon as they are available.

There are a number of technical challenges weā€™re working through to make this happen. We do need to undertake an analysis including pricing/market cap and/or liquidity of new SPACs to ensure they are appropriate to add to the platform.

And in terms of keeping track of whatā€™s happening in the world of IPOs, weā€™ll have a new process in place very shortly which will make it easier for customers to see whatā€™s coming up ā€” right on your app.

Weā€™ll also keep improving the IPO calendar where possible, too.

In short, we understand your frustration, and itā€™s our top priority to improve SPAC additions.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Sam

Update: @Jules2, I rolled your topic into this megathread so all SPAC-related discussions are in one place

8 Likes

Really appreciate this update, is there any possible update on $PIC being added as a SPAC as i have seen nothing recent as of yet.